DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mount positioning?

jwilk805

Reactions
Is it better to mount a tablet above or below the controller? Found out my wife’s IPad Air works with the DJI Fly app! ? so I’m debating which one to get... give me some feedback!

Also which actual mount do you all suggest?
I like my iPhone (In a case that won’t fit the normal controller holder) above the controller so I can see the controller screen too. But it may be unwieldy with the weight of a tablet and ‘over’ the controller may be better?

I prefer above.

I made the one I use out of various components.
I have a neck strap attached between the controller & tablet so it balances nicely and takes the weight away from my hands.

I don't have picture but it is something like this one.

tab.jpg

Not sure what mount you should get, but with the Mini controller not having telemetry, it doesn't matter so much if you have a simple mount that is in front of the controller.
Often better balance.

With my drones I use Go4, and the M1P has great telemetry I sometimes glance at, so I like my ipad mini 4 behind and above the controller so I can see both clearly.
I bought a Lifthor mount.
The Spark controller is more like the Mini, no screen / telemetry, but I still use the same mount.

The Air is a fair bit larger than the mini 4, so might be good to arrange a lanyard of some sort on the mount, so it can take the strain off your hands / arms when flying, or to hang freely and safely when 2 hands are wanted for other use . . . maybe something to look for when checking what's available.
Being able to let go of the controller / mount / larger device is nice sometimes, eg after a flight when you might be working with something on the drone etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones