DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mountain Resort Panoramas

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am in the process of helping another forum member so I just went outside my door around sundown time and did a few test shots to put them through the steps I use in processing in Photoshop. These two images were made by shooting 4-5 individual shots at about 150 feet up. Each shot was overlapped around 30%. All of the images were loaded into Adobe Camera Raw and opened (CTRL+A). Then I right clicked on one image and hit the "merge to Panorama" button.

Attachments

• 7-27-2020-Big Sky Resort Panorama-lorez.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • 7-27-2020-Lone_Mountain_Panorama.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 25
Dale although the vista is stunning, these are mega, mega noisy images. Either that or you've added a ton of grain for effect?

Could you share the DNGs created when you merged the images?

Dale although the vista is stunning, these are mega, mega noisy images. Either that or you've added a ton of grain for effect?

Could you share the DNGs created when you merged the images?
Agreed.

The pictures are look overly blue. Is your white balance off?
To all- your comments on the bad quality of the images are all correct and I knew that when I sent them out. One of our forum members wrote to me off the forum asking for help on stitching a panorama. After a few back-and-forth notes, I ran outside with my drone to shoot a quick 4-5 images for teaching purposes. The sun was setting and almost gone. I HAD TO GET SOMETHING. So I shot quickly not really analyzing my ISO, etc.
I then proceeded to develop these images and do a screen capture of each step. The entire conversation took over an hour, and frankly, I did notice the noise and lack of color correction. The point was to demonstrate a Photoshop technique for stitching panos. 1595940615593.png Here is a frame from a series I sent to the forum member. I really did not take the time to de-noise or color correct. Just wanted get out the stitching information to him.

Yes, Photoshop is truly amazing with the Merge to Panorama. I used to have to do these manually.

I've had some issues with warping depending on the selection I make in the Merge to Pano window. Auto and Panorama can both warp images at the left and right ends. I've had more luck with Reposition, particularly when there are more than 3-4 images in the series. .

With regards to workflow, Lightroom to Photoshop is the preferred method. LR controls are superior to Adobe Camera RAW.
Select the series in LR>Edit in>Merge to Panorama in Photoshop>Reposition.

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Nice! Looks like a drawing!

I had no clue about the Reposition function!

i always start in LrC, merge, edit, then "edit in PS as a smart photo", puppet warp tool or mask and content aware fill for misaligned parts...

reposition seems so much easier!

I'll try it out later

Yes, Photoshop is truly amazing with the Merge to Panorama. I used to have to do these manually.

I've had some issues with warping depending on the selection I make in the Merge to Pano window. Auto and Panorama can both warp images at the left and right ends. I've had more luck with Reposition, particularly when there are more than 3-4 images in the series. .

With regards to workflow, Lightroom to Photoshop is the preferred method. LR controls are superior to Adobe Camera RAW.
According to Colin Smith, an Adobe Photoshop instructor at the annual Las Vegas Meeting, the Panorama Merge engine is the same in Photoshop and Lightroom

Reactions: itsneedtokno

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom