DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverios won't boot up after OS update

mreloc

Reactions
So, I just did the OS update to the R1.5 version and it seemed to go successfully. Tried to start the headset today and nada. Fully charged, press and hold power button and screen remains dark. Plug in, blue flashes for a few seconds, then solid blue.

Any ideas? Is there a hard - re-boot procedure I can try?

Reactions: chuck1026
So, I just did the OS update to the R1.5 version and it seemed to go successfully. Tried to start the headset today and nada. Fully charged, press and hold power button and screen remains dark. Plug in, blue flashes for a few seconds, then solid blue.

Any ideas? Is there a hard - re-boot procedure I can try?
Odd. If you've exhausted all other attempts, I suggest connecting to a PC and use ADB commands to factory data reset.

Reactions: mreloc
Odd. If you've exhausted all other attempts, I suggest connecting to a PC and use ADB commands to factory data reset.
Well you just spoke a bunch of greek to me. I'm going to download Android Studio and see if there's some reference to ADB to try.

This is ridiculous!

Well you just spoke a bunch of greek to me. I'm going to download Android Studio and see if there's some reference to ADB to try.

This is ridiculous!
There's an easier program to use...

I figured out how to do a factory data reset using ADB... something that would've helped when my BT-300 went into a boot loop last weekend...DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKING, ETC..... (but it worked fine for me).

1. Install "minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.2_setup.exe" (google it and grab at your own risk) on your Windows PC.

It will work if you had...
a. Under Security allow unknown sources
b. Under Developer Options allow USB debugging and unlock bootloader.

2. Connect same powered up BT-300 to PC via USB cable.

3. Start up that minimal ADB program. It will open in command prompt.

4. Check connection by typing "adb devices"
Should see "EMBT3C device" on PC

5. Now type, "adb reboot recovery" and wait for android with triangle/exclamation point to appear after device reboots. You will notice the physical buttons flash purple too.

6. Press and hold power button. Also press Vol Up, then release Vol Up and finally release Power button.

You should now see the recovery menu including "wipe data/factory reset". Do the data reset and your glasses will be like new. You'll have to redo everything. Sorry this happened.

There's an easier program to use...

I figured out how to do a factory data reset using ADB... something that would've helped when my BT-300 went into a boot loop last weekend...DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKING, ETC..... (but it worked fine for me).

1. Install "minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.2_setup.exe" (google it and grab at your own risk) on your Windows PC.

It will work if you had...
a. Under Security allow unknown sources
b. Under Developer Options allow USB debugging and unlock bootloader.

2. Connect same powered up BT-300 to PC via USB cable.

3. Start up that minimal ADB program. It will open in command prompt.

4. Check connection by typing "adb devices"
Should see "EMBT3C device" on PC

5. Now type, "adb reboot recovery" and wait for android with triangle/exclamation point to appear after device reboots. You will notice the physical buttons flash purple too.

6. Press and hold power button. Also press Vol Up, then release Vol Up and finally release Power button.

You should now see the recovery menu including "wipe data/factory reset". Do the data reset and your glasses will be like new. You'll have to redo everything. Sorry this happened.

Thanks for documenting this for me chuck! Unfortunately I think I get stalled at step 2. because I can not power up the BT-300 - it is literally a brick right now. Unless someone else has a lifeline to throw me I believe I'll be testing out the Epson warranty support process.

I've had these things since December and they've been great with my MPP. I set them aside for a couple of months while I waited on the MP2 release and then the GO4 app refresh- ready to try them with my new bird, and foolishly trusted the OS update would only optimize them further. Oh well..

Thanks for documenting this for me chuck! Unfortunately I think I get stalled at step 2. because I can not power up the BT-300 - it is literally a brick right now. Unless someone else has a lifeline to throw me I believe I'll be testing out the Epson warranty support process.

I've had these things since December and they've been great with my MPP. I set them aside for a couple of months while I waited on the MP2 release and then the GO4 app refresh- ready to try them with my new bird, and foolishly trusted the OS update would only optimize them further. Oh well..
I can tell you from first hand experience the customer support team is incredible. When you call tell them you have the Moverios and need to speak to the team in California.

Reactions: mreloc
So, Epson customer service is impeccable. Based on my emailed description to them, they have offered that the controller experienced an unrecoverable error. They are replacing my Moverios.

So, Epson customer service is impeccable. Based on my emailed description to them, they have offered that the controller experienced an unrecoverable error. They are replacing my Moverios.
I bet you have the replacement fast too.

Will you try to update the replacement glasses?
I say do it first thing. Get it out of the way and then once that's good, load the APKs back on and make them yours.

I'd like some evidence this update is beneficial. My aproach to all updates is cautious - I only do one if absolutely necessary.

I'd like some evidence this update is beneficial. My aproach to all updates is cautious - I only do one if absolutely necessary.
I have no issues with it but the improvement is mostly the compass. It's been a bit wonky with R1.4.

Got my replacement from Epson. Now to decide to keep or sell and wait for a more powerful/stable unit

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78