DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP crashed on private property

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Mavic is stuck high in a tree could be the property owners fear you might climb the tree, fall out and injuring yourself and turn around and sue them. Just a thought, hope you get it back.

Also, just so we're clear, walking onto your neighbor's property without their consent (especially seeing as they've asked you clearly not to go on their property again), is considered criminal trespassing in most municipalities. I'm in Ohio, so I'm going to cite ORC: Lawriter - ORC - 2911.21 Criminal trespass.

"(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of criminal trespass, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree."

So in this case, a fourth degree misdemeanor. Probably not a terrible thing to have on your record, but it's generally good to avoid getting charged with a crime, plus, she could probably sue you under civil law too, especially if you did any damage. Do you have insurance that covers your drone flights?

Reactions: dirkclod
Also, just so we're clear, walking onto your neighbor's property without their consent (especially seeing as they've asked you clearly not to go on their property again), is considered criminal trespassing in most municipalities. I'm in Ohio, so I'm going to cite ORC: Lawriter - ORC - 2911.21 Criminal trespass.

"(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of criminal trespass, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree."

So in this case, a fourth degree misdemeanor. Probably not a terrible thing to have on your record, but it's generally good to avoid getting charged with a crime, plus, she could probably sue you under civil law too, especially if you did any damage. Do you have insurance that covers your drone flights?
I think this guy is just looking for advice on how to find and collect his aircraft.
I'm pretty sure he's "learned a valuable lesson". None of us strictly abide by every single law set out by governments. I'm sure you'll agree.

Right now this guy is gutted and just wants his Mp back stress free.

Do you know snyone6 that has a drone that could fly over and verify its location.

I would like to see the flight log to see it did go down . Hate to say it but seen to many threads where one was never posted or the logs and the member just went away . Not saying this is the case with cubanmetal but just saying .

Don't know what state you are in, but in my state, while the home owner couldn't be forced to let you on their property, their possession of your property, (your Mavic) was considered larceny. (knowingly denying an owner access to, or use of their property) Police could ask the homeowner to give the Mavic to them, and turn it over to you.

I was flying near my neighborhood and then my MP just fell from the sky. It fell onto a large private property and

**** I can see exactly the tree it hit/crashed (18 satellites locked on) in my flight log.********

when I contacted the home owner she said she looked for it but did not see it. And will not let me on the property to look for it, which I guess I understand...but I’ve told her I know exactly where I should be. Do I have any legal recourse because this is my property? Or am I just screeewed? Thanks in advance!

I dont think the logs will help. He knows he hit a tree and downed it.

I think this guy is just looking for advice on how to find and collect his aircraft.
I'm pretty sure he's "learned a valuable lesson". None of us strictly abide by every single law set out by governments. I'm sure you'll agree.

Right now this guy is gutted and just wants his Mp back stress free.

Roger roger!

No but that flight log would tell me it did not RTH so I wouldn't think this was another bs thread . and if I do not see one before long this thread will be like the others like this .
It's not going to be a 100 page fiasco .

Reactions: cubanmetal
It seems he's slightly unsure of its exact location but I guess it will give him peace of mind that it's definitely there

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will post the flight logs later... I have to use my Mac to retrieve it from my phone. Also, I will post the outcome so we can get resolution. I will prob call the police just to see what they say and will let you know about that too.

I’m not going to break any laws mainly because I don’t want to get shot.. FL can get wild because of this stand your ground law!

To clarify, I was above 250’ and far above anything to hit around here. That’s just something that is common sense. My MP just started to shake a bit while flying and then I saw the spiral of death and said about every curse word I know before it hit. My RTH settings are always set accurately for my area and I had about 60% battery left on the drone so it definitely wasn’t due to that. I am suspecting mechanical failure of some sort...

Honestly, it’s not the money that’s the issue. It’s the fact that it is my property and I really just want closure.. prob going to just buy a new one anyways and keep the crashed one for parts. If I get it back...

Thanks everyone for your time and will keep you posted.View attachment 31139

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will post the flight logs later... I have to use my Mac to retrieve it from my phone. Also, I will post the outcome so we can get resolution. I will prob call the police just to see what they say and will let you know about that too.

I’m not going to break any laws mainly because I don’t want to get shot.. FL can get wild because of this stand your ground law!

To clarify, I was above 250’ and far above anything to hit around here. That’s just something that is common sense. My MP just started to shake a bit while flying and then I saw the spiral of death and said about every curse word I know before it hit. My RTH settings are always set accurately for my area and I had about 60% battery left on the drone so it definitely wasn’t due to that. I am suspecting mechanical failure of some sort...

Honestly, it’s not the money that’s the issue. It’s the fact that it is my property and I really just want closure.. prob going to just buy a new one anyways and keep the crashed one for parts. If I get it back...

Thanks everyone for your time and will keep you posted.View attachment 31139
It says you vertical speed was 45.5 mph. Was you descending and flying forwards moments before you fell from the sky?

Sounds like maybe a prop came disconnected.

if a plane crashes on private property does the ambulance need the owners permission to help them? give me a break!

I’m sure if there were human lives at stake in this tragic Mavic crash first responders would be allowed access to the crash site. If not, your analogy is weak.

OK I have deleted the last I am going to in this .
@cubanmetal when you have more on this just message me and I will open it back up for you .
IMG_9413.png

Reactions: locoman
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum