DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP CSC Motor cut off mid air in flight and restart, simulator and real flight?

You should get an upload of the. DAT file so everyone can see exactly what happened with your amazing drone.
Hi Bunny Too, I missed the second half of your comment. I just wanted to be clear as I stated before to others and in the main post that this wasn't my drone or my video.
You can see his channel and even subscribe and leave him any questions on YouTube if you want with this link.
Chris Rollins

For the first half of your comment, yes I'm working on the DAT files to make sure it doesn't have any personal information and they will be up soon.
Thank you,
Scott

Hi Bunny Too, I missed the second half of your comment. I just wanted to be clear as I stated before to others and in the main post that this wasn't my drone or my video.
You can see his channel and even subscribe and leave him any questions on YouTube if you want with this link.
Chris Rollins

For the first half of your comment, yes I'm working on the DAT files to make sure it doesn't have any personal information and they will be up soon.
Thank you,
Scott

You realize that scrubbing the GPS data will make the file useless.

There's probably an element of luck in how long it takes to right itself depending on how it is tumbling.
Looks like motors can be restarted while falling which is the crucial part.

Someone had done this with original Phantom One and Two but P3 seemed to be unable to restart.

Amazing test, it took nuts of steel to pull that off but at the end of the day without the DAT file it's like going to the moon and not bringing back any rocks. With the DAT we can see how the craft initialized itself in midair, how fast you descended, the exact stick correction time and the output of the motors at each interval.

Privacy is not an issue, send it to Cyberpower and he can look at it give you all sorts on info on exactly what took place without revealing any gps data.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: dlopezjurado
Amazing test, it took nuts of steel to pull that off but at the end of the day without the DATy file it's like going to the moon and not bringIngrid back any rocks. With the DAT we can see how the crated initialized itself in midair, how fast you descended, the exact stick correction time and the output of the motors at each interval.

Privacy is not an issue, send it to cyber power and he can look at it give you all sorts on info on exactly what took place without reveiling any gps data.

Rob
I can reveal it to everybody with some beautiful data. I'm PMing the user right now. :D

Amazing test, it took nuts of steel to pull that off but at the end of the day without the DATy file it's like going to the moon and not bringIngrid back any rocks. With the DAT we can see how the crated initialized itself in midair, how fast you descended, the exact stick correction time and the output of the motors at each interval.

Privacy is not an issue, send it to cyber power and he can look at it give you all sorts on info on exactly what took place without reveiling any gps data.

Rob
Still working on getting the DAT files.
But for now I have the text files that show a few key things.

He was never above the parking lots or streeets, it was the camera angle from the phantom. I don think anyone in this forum said anything, but I think a couple YouTube comments mentioned this so I thought I would point this out before it's bright up.

The funny part, the new home point was set when the motors came back on at 293.6ft in the air. Also no message in the text file that indicated the motors cut off.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_6623.jpg
    IMG_6623.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6624.jpg
    IMG_6624.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6626.jpg
    IMG_6626.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 67
Still working on getting the DAT files.
But for now I have the text files that show a few key things.

He was never above the parking lots or streeets, it was the camera angle from the phantom. I don think anyone in this forum said anything, but I think a couple YouTube comments mentioned this so I thought I would point this out before it's bright up.

The funny part, the new home point was set when the motors came back on at 293.6ft in the air. Also no message in the text file that indicated the motors cut off.

Pictures attached.
When you are able to PM me with the logs, I can provide the full details of what happened and all the fun stuff in between without revealing private information.

What's wrong with flying above parking lots or streets?

What's wrong with flying above parking lots or streets?
I don't know. Theirs nothing wrong with stopping the motors on a drone 400 feet high about streets with moving cars, people and cars in the parking lots. I don't know why people were complaining????

I guess some comments on his YouTube video were left since it looked like it was coming down above the lot. Maybe it had to do with the possibility of damaging the cars and others property in the lot if it didn't recover?
I'm just guessing, I didn't read all the comments on the video, he just mentioned it to me so I thought I would use these pictures and mention this to show otherwise.

Last I checked, there weren't any issues with free falling an aerial vehicle from 400 ft over cars, buildings, and people. I'm sure these incidents happen all the time and no one makes a big deal of it. :p
I don't know. Theirs nothing wrong with stopping the motors on a drone 400 feet high about streets with moving cars, people and cars in the parking lots. I don't know why people were complaining????

I guess some comments on his YouTube video were left since it looked like it was coming down above the lot. Maybe it had to do with the possibility of damaging the cars and others property in the lot if it didn't recover?
I'm just guessing, I didn't read all the comments on the video, he just mentioned it to me so I thought I would use these pictures and mention this to show otherwise.

I am just surprised the battery did not do a flyaway as well, must be a stunt Mavic Pro we don't know about.

I am just surprised the battery did not do a flyaway as well, must be a stunt Mavic Pro we don't know about.
The battery clicks in pretty hard, and since it never had impact with the ground or anything I would expect it to stay locked in.
You figure it's designed to stay in with some hard flying also, fast turns and spins, and fast stops. Well at least when it's in sports mode.

The battery clicks in pretty hard, and since it never had impact with the ground or anything I would expect it to stay locked in.
You figure it's designed to stay in with some hard flying also, fast turns and spins, and fast stops. Well at least when it's in sports mode.
yes but have you seen the recent three threads on here, those were what i was referring too lol.in case you have not a few Mavics seem to have battery ejection problems.

Yes, that's exactly what he did.
The mavic doesn't loose power or turn off any of the other systems like the gyroscope stabilization, GPS and everything else. So once it had power back to the motors and he hit full throttle back up it brought it self back to the level horizontal position it's know to be so good at for hovering and started to punch out. Then he let off the throttle once he had control of it again.

HA! I was one of the very few who kept saying and reminding people over there in the other huge thread that CSC ONLY STARTS AND STOPS THE ENGINES! No initialisation of any other drone system needed!! But no; many kept saying that "you cannot relaunch the drone, as long as it is not on a flat surface; I tried that from my car/boat and it was not possible as it was not flat, bla bla bla "

Thanks for doing this! Send me a paypal account; I'm so happy I was right I want to send you money for buying a sixpack of beers!!

Reactions: Lapeer20m
yes but have you seen the recent three threads on here, those were what i was referring too lol.in case you have not a few Mavics seem to have battery ejection problems.
Um, wow. No I was not aware of that, sorry.
I don't follow the forum all the time. I get the most popular emails once a week and sometimes check out those threads. If I open a thread I try to stay active in it. But I didn't know about these few battery ejection post one.
Just when you thought DJI had the manufacturing all caught up and products were being shipped better inspected with less problems. Now this, glad o had an older model one I guess. Good thing he had on older model one also when he did this CSC stunt.

Thanks for doing this! Send me a paypal account; I'm so happy I was right I want to send you money for buying a sixpack of beers!!

Yes, I was on that thread, I'm know that thread well.

Well I know he is busy, but feel free to leave a comment on his YouTube video. He might take you up on the offer and give you his PayPal account?
Chris Rollins

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Um, wow. No I was not aware of that, sorry.
I don't follow the forum all the time. I get the most popular emails once a week and sometimes check out those threads. If I open a thread I try to stay active in it. But I didn't know about these few battery ejection post one.
Just when you thought DJI had the manufacturing all caught up and products were being shipped better inspected with less problems. Now this, glad o had an older model one I guess. Good thing he had on older model one also when he did this CSC stunt.
yes as soon as i saw those posts , i went and checked every battery, all tight and cozy in this one, now i gotta check my Thai one when i go over this week.

Pictures attached.

LOL well if someone want to go up the side of a 6000ft mountain all they need to do is do about 8 CSC maneuvers like that. :D

Rob

LOL well if someone want to go up the side of a 6000ft mountain all they need to do is do about 8 CSC maneuvers like that. :D

Rob
I was picturing the little Mavic that could. It goes up some, then falls, then tries again and goes up a little more, then falls a little. Like some old cartoon.

Just a quick update. He is currently traveling and if you've ever tried to use "free wifi" at hotels to download something, well it's a joke and upload is worse.
Also because he does use the mavic for buisness and still needs to use this for jobs I did read the more you fly eventually the DAT files from older flights will get deleted as new flight logs are created.
I'm hoping the flight DAT files are still on the mavic once he done his jobs and travels, but no guarantees.
Scott

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman