DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP flying without screen?

copterbob

Reactions
Does anyone fly without a phone or tablet connected on a regular basis?
I was thinking that training for that 'oops' moment when you lose video or app functionality might not be a bad thing...

Does anyone fly without a phone or tablet connected on a regular basis?
I was thinking that training for that 'oops' moment when you lose video or app functionality might not be a bad thing...
I don't really fly by the video feed, but if the RC disconnects, I want the GPS functionality to allow the RTH to save me. The controller does show the distance away so you can verify the orientation of the bird, with a few stick movements, so understanding how that works is useful. I have heard that you can fly without a phone/tablet.

Reactions: copterbob
Do you need the screen for return to home to work? I thought the mavic RTH automatically if disconnected. Do you have to have a screen to configure it to return to home?

Home is where the Mavic launches from. The RC has no GPS, and many many proteam Mavic pilots have their location services disabled on their phones.

As I have the goggles, I *ALWAYS* fly with no phone, just the RC. The one thing that I loose is realtime flight records, so if it crashes somewhere I can't use GPS records to find it.

Since some firmware versions the Mavic needs to be unlocked by the GO4 app or a third-party app based on the DJI SDK. If not unlocked the flight range will be limited to about 30m in distance and height. Remember that the DJI Goggles don't include the unclock capability, so even when flying with goggles the mobile device running a mentioned app is still required to overcome the limitations.

Since some firmware versions the Mavic needs to be unlocked by the GO4 app or a third-party app based on the DJI SDK. If not unlocked the flight range will be limited to about 30m in distance and height. Remember that the DJI Goggles don't include the unclock capability, so even when flying with goggles the mobile device running a mentioned app is still required to overcome the limitations.
very true. I use 0400 which allows pitch head tracking, another option is 0700 but no head tracking at all.

I think this what happened to me today. How do I unlock it with the app then? Will it stay unlocked for future flights without the tablet after that? Cheers

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deluxone