DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP is acting like its in beginner mode

Duse

Reactions
beginner mode not on,cinematic mode not on . Wont go above 90' height/150' distance.Says max limit reached ,go to setting to adjust. Setting are all adjusted Also controls (pitch yaw etc etc )are slowChecked attitude ,brake, gain ,max distance , max altitude., logged out ,logged in and tried both metric and imperial . Any suggestions??

Is it from first flight or before you were able to fly at any distance?
Some ideas (sorry, some are just trivial):
  • MP registered to DJI?
  • Your are logged to DJI in the app
  • You use the Go4 app, not just only the RC?
  • GPS is locked?

Make sure to be properly logged in in the app.
If still not working log out and back in. If still not, uninstall and reinstall/log in.

Thanks for the replies guys but all of the above has been covered
  • MP registered to DJI? Yes
  • Your are logged to DJI in the app ? Yes
  • You use the Go4 app, not just only the RC? YES
  • GPS is locked? Yes
Make sure to be properly logged in in the app ? Yes
If still not working log out and back in. If still not, uninstall and reinstall/log in. Tried all that(a couple times)

The usual: Firmware refresh AND Restore Factory Default with DJI assistant (corrupted firmware or parameters). Better to make first screenshots of all your settings.

Reactions: macoman
I had a similar problem and finally resolved it by tying a Chinese phone # to my account! Flew around the Great Wall at Mutianyu near Beijing with no problem.

My complaint is the prompt that asks you to supply a phone # seems to trigger at random. I actually saw it the first day after I arrived in China but then it went away when I disregarded it. There doesn’t seem to be any indicator in the app tellling you that you missed this critical step. Then all of a sudden it managed to appear again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54