DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP-Motor Overload--Gimble problems

ScubaBob

Reactions
I have had my MP for over a year with no problems. Never crashed and always put a Gimble guard on when storing or transporting the unit. Used it last weekend with no problems. Perfect take-offs and landings. Today I went to use the MP and the gimble started acting crazy during the start-up. When the start-up was completed I got a "Ready to Go" message on both the controller and my iPhone but I also have an error message that says "Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Check whether Gimble clamp is removed." I took a video so you can see what is going on. Any suggestions? I have no control over the camera. I have the C1 button set to "camera down" but it does nothing. I have DJI Care but I live in Mexico (Cancun). I will be back in the US in a week but hope this can be corrected somehow without having to send back to DJI. I am running the most current version of the firmware as well as DJI app on iPhone 6. I have tried different batteries (no help), recalibrating the gimbal (bombed out twice at 5%) and recalibrating IMU (no help). I have tried turning on and off several times, restarting my iPhone, etc. I have run out of options, I think.

As an update, I took the MP to the beach where it was totally unobstructed. I recalibrated the compass and IMU with no problem. Could not get Gimbal recalibration past 51% and it would bomb out with a message that I should not move the MP while recalibration. But the MP was sitting on the ground although I did notice that the distance indicator on the RC started at 8' and was at 34' by the time the error message popped up. Also, I now get a message that says, "Second Compass Switch" whatever that means.

While going through multiple IMU and Compass recalibrations I actually got one time where I turned the unit off and back on and got no error messages. I flew it for about 5 minutes and everything was fine. Then I landed, shut everything down and restarted. Same old errors again.

Last edited:
I am definitely not the expert on this but because the Mavic does these exercises before even connecting to the RC or Go 4 I am guessing that it is a firmware issue. Can you roll back your firmware?

Yes, I tried that with no luck. I rolled back two versions with no luck either. I have now had about 15 emails with DJI and can't say that they have been easy to deal with. It is covered under Care Refresh but getting answers to questions about how they will ship replacement to me in Mexico is impossible. Very frustrating. It seems that I am the first person in the history of DJI who bought a drone in the US, took it out of the country, has a DJI Care Refresh program and they need to send the replacement to some place outside of the US.

Yes, I tried that with no luck. I rolled back two versions with no luck either. I have now had about 15 emails with DJI and can't say that they have been easy to deal with. It is covered under Care Refresh but getting answers to questions about how they will ship replacement to me in Mexico is impossible. Very frustrating. It seems that I am the first person in the history of DJI who bought a drone in the US, took it out of the country, has a DJI Care Refresh program and they need to send the replacement to some place outside of the US.
Best of luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000