DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP Pro controller mod help

Capcadet05

Reactions
Hello I bought the Maxx Uav clean install kit and what I thought was successfully modified the controller. I took it apart using online guide video. Only thing I was unsure of was my connection from the new Sma cables to the board. They seemed to sit on top but never “click” in. However, I tested the controller to make sure I had good connection with drone before I completely reassembled . It worked with signal . I used broth antenna options (booster antennas attached and big WiFi antennas with no booster).

However when i went to fly the other day it was a total failure . The drone went no more than 300 ft before it lost signal. I am really posed because I get good connection but the signal strength is garbage with both the booster signal and straight signal. What am I missing here ? Sure there was a cone of silence because it was an Omni antenna but even then it should go really far. Any ideas?
eab5df01de1a14f8f59d676460898df0.jpg
df69876e96c9839ba07e0902329d18b0.jpg

Did you make sure the UFL connectors clicked into the main board, it has to be seated correctly

Last edited:
Did you make sure the UFL connector clicked into the main board, it has to be seated corrected

Yes I did but this is where I think the issue is. They never seemed to “click on” I know I shouldn’t force them but at same time they would t really stay out . Not super impressed with the max Uav kit in that aspect

Your obviously flying the MP with the frequency and channel manually selected on 2.4ghz ?
Are boosting both transmission and reception signals or just transmission ?

Most amplified antenna systems use the Sunhans amplfiiers, one for transmission and one for reception, these are the most reliable for output.

I'd probably go back to MAXX UAV for their advice

Last edited:
Your obviously flying the MP with the frequency and channel manually selected on 2.4ghz ?
Are boosting both transmission and reception signals or just transmission ?

Most amplified antenna systems use the Sunhans amplfiiers, one for transmission and one for reception, these are the most reliable for output.

I'd probably go back to MAXX UAV for their advice

So I am boosting both antennas if that’s what your asking . My understanding is one is video reception and one is remote (flying inputs) . Now I’ve also tried it without boosters just pure antenna attachment with same issue which is why I thinks it’s board connections. Might be wrong but pretty sure mavic pro only has 2.4 ghz no 5g selection option . So I haven’t touched anything as far as frequency .

So I am boosting both antennas if that’s what your asking . My understanding is one is video reception and one is remote (flying inputs) . Now I’ve also tried it without boosters just pure antenna attachment with same issue which is why I thinks it’s board connections. Might be wrong but pretty sure mavic pro only has 2.4 ghz no 5g selection option . So I haven’t touched anything as far as frequency .

Your right the MP is only 2.4ghz, haven't used mine in a while
What is your image transition code rate, it should be around 14mbps or more ?

Can you try a different antenna set up using new ufl connector e.g new cable with different SMA connectors
Maybe you have this situation where your AC is flying above the optimal signal envelope for the 15dbi antennas, I'd try it with lower gain omni's as an experiment.

1597024024441.png

Last edited:
This is a really good point I hadn’t considered about antenna design. In intial stages I looked at Yagi but determined they were gonna be too hard to focus. Then I was worried about planar directional that I had to point , so I settled on Omni not considering vertical portion. Once I looked at a few antenna plots on vertical Omni distribution I was like ouch! Picking up a pair of planar antennas . I hope to do a test with multiple antennas and report back to everyone . Also I reassembled my controller today just to double check my work. I think I may have cross crossed the Dang RP-SMA antennas to mother board . Now one wouldn’t think this should make a difference other than left antenna is now secondary and right is primary .... but hey maybe it was causing design issues . Going to go fly tomorrow and see how it goes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt