DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP2 issue fixed!

lilewis

Reactions
I recently started getting messages of: no connection + Gimbal not connected + magnetic interference + compass not calibrated, and of course the drone refused to fly, which was a good thing.

It was strange as I had no accidents, no hard landings, and was flying in my back yard where I have flown many times.

I then did a google search and saw some older threads regarding memory card corruption causing similar messages so
I took the memory card out and tried to fly with only drone memory. Didn't work. It showed no working memory at all.
I reformatted the card (full reformat, not quick reformat) and inserted it. The app then said no card recognized.

NOTHING MADE ANY SENSE!

Then I tried one last thing. I switched the flat cable that I bought online that attaches the MP2 controller to the IPad, to another cable that I had available --- and suddenly I have a stable drone flying like it's brand new.

I'm posting this experience for two reasons:
1. To save you some troubleshooting time if you get messages like the above - Try a new cable early in your quest for a fix!
2. The cable I'm now using to connect my Ipad Pro to the controller is much too long - I need to buy a shorter ~~8-10 inch cable.
So I'm now looking for advice (URL?) where to buy a shorterr high quality dependable cable . (USB to USB-c).

Reactions: pelagic_one
I recently started getting messages of: no connection + Gimbal not connected + magnetic interference + compass not calibrated, and of course the drone refused to fly, which was a good thing.

It was strange as I had no accidents, no hard landings, and was flying in my back yard where I have flown many times.

I then did a google search and saw some older threads regarding memory card corruption causing similar messages so
I took the memory card out and tried to fly with only drone memory. Didn't work. It showed no working memory at all.
I reformatted the card (full reformat, not quick reformat) and inserted it. The app then said no card recognized.

NOTHING MADE ANY SENSE!

Then I tried one last thing. I switched the flat cable that I bought online that attaches the MP2 controller to the IPad, to another cable that I had available --- and suddenly I have a stable drone flying like it's brand new.

1. To save you some troubleshooting time if you get messages like the above - Try a new cable early in your quest for a fix!
2. The cable I'm now using to connect my Ipad Pro to the controller is much too long - I need to buy a shorter ~~8-10 inch cable.
So I'm now looking for advice (URL?) where to buy a shorterr high quality dependable cable . (USB to USB-c).
Get this. It’s the best. I’ve been using it for over 1000 flights... no problems.

Anker Powerline+ II Lightning... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072127KCY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks RadioFlyerMan but Cyborg is correct . I need USB C on the IPad end.
There are lots of them on Amazon but I'm looking for recommendations for a GOOD one-footer that has proven to be dependable. I learned my lesson with the cheap one that did fail, and I'm really glad it didn't happen in the air.

Reactions: pelagic_one
There are lots of them on Amazon but I'm looking for recommendations for a GOOD one-footer that has proven to be dependable.

I've been flying on this cable (but with USB-C at the controller to Lightning on the iPad end) for a couple of months now, and haven't had any issues. Nor have any of my other Hanatora accessories had a problem.

I don't know what to say about the one-star reviews on the USB-C to USB-C version. I've never had any issues with Hanatora-branded cables.

NOTHING MADE ANY SENSE!

Adam Elements iPhone iPad to USB... Amazon.com: Adam Elements iPhone iPad to USB 3.1 Premium Cable: Computers & Accessories

I bought the dirt cheapest USB-C cables on Amazon and had no issues.

And yes the flat cable does not work properly.

Reactions: lilewis

Thx. I just ordered the 4 pack. My concern is mostly based on my experience with the cord I was using until now. It worked fine for dozens of flights then seemed to short out. I hope these have a better life span and won't decide to short out in the middle of a flight.

I have really good luck with Anker cables. They are the only cables in my home. With two MB Pros, three I pads and two imacs, I got a bunch.

I have really good luck with Anker cables. They are the only cables in my home. With two MB Pros, three I pads and two imacs, I got a bunch.
Thanks. I actually like Anker also. Have a bunch of thier power bankss. But I already ordered the cables JimWest suggested above.

Reactions: Made2Phly
The C might not be quite so subject to it..but lint in the ports can cause a lot of intermittant problems with phones..just sayin

NOTHING MADE ANY SENSE!

I bought this from amazon

Attachments

• C3871B1B-6B40-4C50-99BD-42E3C4F83180.png
    C3871B1B-6B40-4C50-99BD-42E3C4F83180.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 12
The C might not be quite so subject to it..but lint in the ports can cause a lot of intermittant problems with phones..just sayin
. My Ipad Pro is dedicated and attached to the controller so it's always in a hopefully clean environment, but your suggestion is certainly worth remembering.

TDW for me these are the best cables, they have a coiled section so exact length is not an issue, have one for my MM and one for my MPP can only speak from personal experience

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky