DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP bottom of ESC. Anybody know what this do-hicky is? Part of the IMU?

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
IMG_0556.jpeg

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
That is the main flight controller! It contains the IMU, Accelerometer and Altimeter.
You’ll notice how it is attached with anti vibration rubber mounts.

Thanks! That’s what I was guessing, but I didn’t know the extent of its content. This thing is nothing less than a flying computer!

And for the archives, a common problem with the IMU is the cable itself. DJI started glueing the cables on, which tears them in the right kind of crash. The IMU can be swapped out with just the top shell off which saves a lot of time changing the whole flight control/ESC board.

To be exact that is the P01712.07 ESC and flight controller board View attachment 77401

Although I don’t need to, I’m going to leave the 16gb card in the FC. Got the new P02422.01 mother board in and working fine on 01.04.0500 so far. Super-Patch comes later after several flights and burn-in testing. Also this is a good opportunity to review and compare differences between stock and S-P.

Camera is still on the fritz, but I can see enough to test fly. I have a whole new gimbal unit on the way.

Withdrawal symptoms diminished. [emoji41]

Reactions: brett8883
Although I don’t need to, I’m going to leave the 16gb card in the FC. Got the new P02422.01 mother board in and working fine on 01.04.0500 so far. Super-Patch comes later after several flights and burn-in testing. Also this is a good opportunity to review and compare differences between stock and S-P.

Camera is still on the fritz, but I can see enough to test fly. I have a whole new gimbal unit on the way.

Withdrawal symptoms diminished. [emoji41]

Has anyone noticed how only some boards have the foam attached to the Sd card cover?

What is it's purpsoe. Is it an Anti-Tamper? or stop it from escaping?
My most recent Mavic has it, but at the same time, my Platinum board did not have it?

Has anyone noticed how only some boards have the foam attached to the Sd card cover?

What is it's purpsoe. Is it an Anti-Tamper? or stop it from escaping?
My most recent Mavic has it, but at the same time, my Platinum board did not have it?
I found the cover to be on there quite well. Maybe some earlier covers needed additional pressure? Dunno. Just guessing.

I found the cover to be on there quite well. Maybe some earlier covers needed additional pressure? Dunno. Just guessing.

You forget how much electronic dope is going on inside these Drones, huh.

At least in relation to other RC where usually the most electronics in the car/plane was the little ESC.

Most likely to prevent people from inserting the card outside of the slot and into the aircraft.

Just so where on the same page. Im talking about this.
For some reason, it attaches the cover of the (internal) sd card slot to the board.
(on some boards, and not others)

I mean is it removed so often it needs a tether?

Are you supposed to go, woops i tore the foam, fumbling to get it off, Aka Anti-Tamper?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 17
Ah. That has nothing to do with the SD card, the air pressure sensor is under there and that would reduce air currents hitting it directly.

Reactions: VouilEz
darn.. i nearly threw up the idea of it covering a sensor, as i saw a chip of some kind underneath.
Maybe i can turn my wind sensors back on, and not get warnings from the gentlest breeze (M1P).

I dont know how you M2 guys can stand letting it Auto-Land you in high wind.

You might crash yourself from going too far out to sea/low battery in High Wind,
but Mavic itself is going to be ok in any weather a pilot can stand to be out in, I feel.

I dont know how you M2 guys can stand letting it Auto-Land you in high wind.
Whaaat? We don't becasue that isn't a thing, never heard of anything like that. You must be confusing with something else.

Last edited:
Just so where on the same page. Im talking about this.
For some reason, it attaches the cover of the (internal) sd card slot to the board.
(on some boards, and not others)

I mean is it removed so often it needs a tether?

Are you supposed to go, woops i tore the foam, fumbling to get it off, Aka Anti-Tamper?

Oh, yeah mine has that. It Wasn’t stuck to my SD card cover.

ah, K. Maybe it was a factory glue snafu.

Doesnt't Mavic 2 not let you fly in winds over so many mph?
Im sure ive been told that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada