DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP for professional use.

Boise Jim

Reactions
I've heard from numerous sources that the MPP isn't for pro use, but I say they're wrong. I'm a full-time professional photographer, and I use my drone quite often for my clients. Here are a couple good examples of stuff I've gotten with my bird. I shoot in all manual and watch my histogram, plus use the appropriate ND filters. VERY little post processing done on these.

539Peterson_6.jpg 539Peterson_9.jpg

Nice photos. I am happy to see the MPP can take great shots. I just got my MPP and am still learning. I will get there.

Reactions: Drone Master
I've heard from numerous sources that the MPP isn't for pro use, but I say they're wrong. I'm a full-time professional photographer, and I use my drone quite often for my clients. Here are a couple good examples of stuff I've gotten with my bird. I shoot in all manual and watch my histogram, plus use the appropriate ND filters. VERY little post processing done on these.

View attachment 40641 View attachment 40642
Uhh can you link to any of these "sources". I don't think a single sole in this forum believes that the mavic is not capable of professional work. Especially with HDR shots it looks unreal.

With the ability to shoot RAW, it gives you a lot of control over the final product. I can barely read a histogram, and I can still get shots I'm not ashamed of. For Real estate, it's a wonderful tool, and the perfect size for taking on vacation, or camping.DJI_0264-1.JPG

cushman powerhouse.jpg I think the details and colors are quite good with the tiny lens and sensor on the mavic. I put a big sd card on board and shoot with as many angles and elevations as it might take to frame the shot considering the shadows, the highlights and what's beyond the subject in mind.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I think the people saying that Mavics aren't for pro use are just trying to justify to themselves their purchase of a big expensive drone!
Or they don't know how to get the best out of the Mavic.
Sure there's better $$$$ gear out there, but the best camera is the one you have with you. I have the Air with me more than any other drone I've owned because it's just so **** convenient.
Win - for me at least.

Reactions: Energy Guy
Very capable system. I use mine to do insurance claims through a national insurance company. Small footprint; great camera; long battery life and many other advantages. The MPP is the reason I sold my very capable but large footprint DJI Inspire 1 V2 system.

You know, it's an old story, particularly with photography. The differentiator that makes a good picture a great picture lies between the ears. It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools. Photography is more about how you work the light than what equipment you capture it with. Get your angles right, your composition solid, and know how to control your camera, and you'll get professional results. Don't get me wrong, the glass does matter in terms of the clarity and saturation of your result, but composition and use of light is far more important - and that has nothing to do with which drone you fly.

any of these pictures could be used on a realtors websiteDJI_0213 (2).JPG DJI_0485 (2).JPG DJI_0379.JPG DJI_0391.JPG DJI_0243.JPG DJI_0934 (2).JPG hobbs2.JPG DJI_0485 (4).JPG tree.jpg DJI_0019 (2).JPG

or printed...... this is printed to 16 x 20 at Walgreens for 8 dollars

house by drone 6 2018.jpg IMG_20180619_172918214_LL.jpg

Uhh can you link to any of these "sources". I don't think a single sole in this forum believes that the mavic is not capable of professional work. Especially with HDR shots it looks unreal.
Not really this forum, but over the winter when I was researching which one to buy, I found numerous sites that said it wasn't good enough for professional use. Glad I didn't listen to them! I've gotten some awesome stuff with it and will buy another one when this one wears out.

I think the beauty of the Mavic series for Real estate is that it’s so much more inconspicuous to pull one out than a Phantom, or Inspire series, giving the pilot a much better opportunity to finish the work without interruption from someone who is annoyed by the sound of the drone. The last thing I want when I’m flying is to attract any unwanted attention.

Does the P4 Pro have a nicer camera? Sure it does, a a price.

What do most agents do with drone pictures?

They are not making billboards out of them, they are using highly compressed pictures on websites... not exactly cinematic is it?

Add to that they want to pay next to nothing for them

You can get amazing results when shooting in RAW and wtih a bit of postprocesing.

I use it for architectural visualizations...

This is one example (and the quiality of original is even better, because IMGUR donsizes image)

r6YAs8P.jpg

Reactions: Ripper7620
You can get amazing results when shooting in RAW and wtih a bit of postprocesing.

I use it for architectural visualizations...

This is one example (and the quiality of original is even better, because IMGUR donsizes image)

r6YAs8P.jpg
Yep, everything I shoot is in RAW, and in fact, even my phone when I'm shooting something that could be usable.

Does the P4 Pro have a nicer camera? Sure it does, a a price.

What do most agents do with drone pictures?

They are not making billboards out of them, they are using highly compressed pictures on websites... not exactly cinematic is it?

Add to that they want to pay next to nothing for them
100%. They want it cheap, fast & resized.

Reactions: Bugg77
Wait for that MP2 and things will be even better! I wanted one now so I went with the Platinum. When that MP2 comes out I may have wished I waited! Bit hey, it will always be that way in this industry.

View attachment 40641 View attachment 40642
Lot of Fake news out there. MPP is a great bird to fly. Most people that complain
don't know what they are doing to get good results. I am happy using mine for pictures
and video. And, if come out with poor results, its because I did not look at histogram
or poor positioning of drone for best possible exposure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54