DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MR1SS5 or MR1SD25

Steeve Stark

Reactions
I wanna buy a mavic mini. I live in India which is a CE country. So please suggest me which mavic mini model should I buy MR1SS5 or MR1SD25 to get a longer range.
I want to get a longer range without any hacks so which one should I buy ?
Which one among MR1SS5 and MR1SD25 has a longer range in a CE country ?

Looks like the S5 is the FCC version for mainland China and USA.

There's also a version for Japan that weighs less than 249g by removing 1 of 3 battery cells to met the requirements of Japan.

Good Luck. :)

Thanks I already have an MR1SS5 but it goes only upto 300-600m without FCC hack I wanna know if I buy an MR1SD25 will it's range be more or less ?

Thanks I already have an MR1SS5 but it goes only upto 300-600m without FCC hack I wanna know if I buy an MR1SD25 will it's range be more or less ?
What distance did you get with the hack ? Were you able to get it to work ?
What version of the Fly app is installed ?
Are you still only seeing 11 CE channels and no FCC channels ?

Reactions: Steeve Stark
Sorry ugh I didn't yet try the hack
No sense in buying another MM until you try the hack.
Be sure to use Fly 1.1.2 or earlier version. The vid below says 1.0.8 but the hack works up to 1.1.2.
Here's a good video:
This is for the CE model but will work for the FCC that you have.

Yeah I saw it. But I am thinking if I do the hack then will it cause any legal issues ?
You need to check. Should be easy to find on the net. If you bought the FCC model in India then it should be ok unless it was from overseas or in the "grey" market. Here, where I'm at, not far from you, is a "CE" country but FCC models of the MM are sold by reputable dealers and flown by many. I have a friend in Delhi that has a MM FCC model and he flies regularly..It certainly won't hurt to stay inside and put the hack in and get used to it. Good experience.
I have worked in and out of India and as I recall what is allowed and not allowed is a matter of "interpretation" by those involved at "any given time" in the "traditional way".....

You need to check. Should be easy to find on the net. If you bought the FCC model in India then it should be ok unless it was from overseas or in the "grey" market. Here, where I'm at, not far from you, is a "CE" country but FCC models of the MM are sold by reputable dealers and flown by many. I have a friend in Delhi that has a MM FCC model and he flies regularly..It certainly won't hurt to stay inside and put the hack in and get used to it. Good experience.
I have worked in and out of India and as I recall what is allowed and not allowed is a matter of "interpretation" by those involved at "any given time" in the "traditional way".....
Thanks a lot brother. I bought it from Amazon. I didn't use the hack till now because I was afraid that it might cause any legal issues and maybe any police case. So it's safe right ?

the Japan version has the same two cell battery as the rest of the Mavic minis the difference is the capacity of the cells none of the MM have a 3 cell battery ,this is one of the issues with the MM the lower voltage means less power ,it is the only 2 cell model in the mavic range at this time

Reactions: MA2 317
Thanks a lot Gary I finally tried FCC hack. Initially my mr1ss5 went max upto 943m(only one time usually signal gets lost at 630m) but when I used FCC hack it went upto 2775m ! Thanks Gary I was initially worried about any legal issues but u told me there's no trouble and I tried FCC hack and now my mavic mini has really become a beast

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54