DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple Batteries Charging

Peel

Reactions
So, I have the standard battery hub and charger that came with the Fly More bundle. Up until now it's behaved the same as everyone else's: one battery charges at a time, then it moves on to the next one. However this past Saturday and Sunday, I had multiple batteries plugged in, and it was charging them two at a time. Is this a result of the latest firmware update? Is anyone else experiencing this?

No. My hub is still charging the least depleted battery first and moves on to the next. I am no expert but I thought that the charger only had capacity for effectively changing one battery in a given time or 2 batteries in twice the time (depending on the amount of charge still in the batteries).
My questions are:
1. did your 2 batteries charge in a quicker time?
2. Did you do a separate firmware update to the "hub", as the hub instructions seem to elude to this?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So, I have the standard battery hub and charger that came with the Fly More bundle. Up until now it's behaved the same as everyone else's: one battery charges at a time, then it moves on to the next one. However this past Saturday and Sunday, I had multiple batteries plugged in, and it was charging them two at a time. Is this a result of the latest firmware update? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've seen that a couple times, and several of the guys over on RCGroups have as well. I just unplug the charger and plug it back in after about 30 seconds and it acts as normal. The first time it happened did catch me off guard though!

No. My hub is still charging the least depleted battery first and moves on to the next. I am no expert but I thought that the charger only had capacity for effectively changing one battery in a given time or 2 batteries in twice the time (depending on the amount of charge still in the batteries).
My questions are:
1. did your 2 batteries charge in a quicker time?
2. Did you do a separate firmware update to the "hub", as the hub instructions seem to elude to this?

1)The first time I saw this, the batteries were about 3/4 charged from the start (they had gone into auto discharge mode after several days of not flying), so not really sure if the total charge time was any different than it would have been if they had charged sequentially. The second time I saw this all three batteries were at about a 30-35% charge state. It didn't seem to be any quicker than normal - all three were done in a little over 3 hours.
2)How does one go about updating the firmware to the hub? What do you plug it into to transfer the files? or does the battery carry this out after itself being upgraded?

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
I have not had this happen with my hub.

Interesting.. It might have been a buggy reading by the charger after the firmware update. Did you disconnect everything and then plug it back up to see if that fixes the issue?

I think I'd prefer to charge one battery first rather than drip feed multiples at once.

I did not try unplugging it and plugging it back in. If I see this behavior again, I will. Both times it happened, I was in no particular hurry to get my batteries charged (was done at the end of the day) so just let it do it's thing, and all batteries did get to 100%.

Have we had a firmware update for the battery hub ??

1.1?

There are two different chargers. Read the manual.
The better one already starts with the second battery while the first battery is in its final charging state drawing only a small current.

There are two different chargers. Read the manual.
The better one already starts with the second battery while the first battery is in its final charging state drawing only a small current.

No there is only one mavic charging hub at the moment ... the more powerful one has not been released yet.

Reactions: larryp
I have had this happen to me a couple of times as well. I now attach my batteries to the hub before I plug it in, and it hasn't happened since.

The last few times mine did the same thing, after one done charging, it charged the other two at the same time.

1)The first time I saw this, the batteries were about 3/4 charged from the start (they had gone into auto discharge mode after several days of not flying), so not really sure if the total charge time was any different than it would have been if they had charged sequentially. The second time I saw this all three batteries were at about a 30-35% charge state. It didn't seem to be any quicker than normal - all three were done in a little over 3 hours.
2)How does one go about updating the firmware to the hub? What do you plug it into to transfer the files? or does the battery carry this out after itself being upgraded?
Answer to point 2:
Pages 7 & 8 of the Mavic Battery Charging Hub explain instructions for Updating the Firmware. I assume that this will be done through DJI Assist and DJI will notify when updates are available for the hub.

Reactions: VortexSpin
I had this happen to me when charging my batteries out of the box. I pulled one battery out of the charger and plugged it back in again and it started charging just one as normal.

Kindve sounds appealing. Faster charge times on multiple battery's? Sign me up

I can confirm... two batteries, both bellow 30%, charging simultaniously.

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 55
Buuut, when I tryed to recreate it, it wouldn't. The batteries did actuall both charge at the same time. It took 30 minutes to get both to 60% ish.

I had this happen to me. I think the hub ports have a priority order. Mine occurred when I had one battery charging then plugged another one in. The second battery started charging (I assume it's the priority port I used) while the other battery still seemed to be charging but stopped giving it the appearance that it was charging both for about 30 or so seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121