DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple diagonal lines on screen

j4gu4r

Reactions
This thread was moved to Pilot Check-in by the forum controller but as it is a question on the Mavic Pro camera I have repeated it in this section. Hope this is OK

The last few times I have flown there appears on the screen of my I-pad Pro diagonal black and white lines over some areas of the screen which disappear when flying outside (I assumed because of the GPS signal).
Yesterday, as prompted, I downloaded the app version 4.1.16. With hindsight this is for the Spark and Inspire 2 so probably should not have been download.
Since the I-pad screen has been completely opaque. I tried flying by sight very locally to see if a photograph and video could be taken but on return the photo had not taken. When checking the download of the SD card the photos were shown but blank. Today I tried again indoors and the screen was again showing pictures but again with varying degrees of diagonal black and white lines, then when outside the screen went opaque.

I assume this is a problem with the camera, but is it correctable and can anyone tell me how to uninstall the 4.1.16 app version and will it refer automatically to the previous version or do I need to completely reload the last app version and how !!!.

Andrew

Does "opaque" mean pretty much white? Make sure your exposure isn't set to something like +3.0 .. sounds like you may be seeing overexposure warning (zebra stripes) and the photos come out washed out.

Reactions: pixl
This thread was moved to Pilot Check-in by the forum controller but as it is a question on the Mavic Pro camera I have repeated it in this section. Hope this is OK

The last few times I have flown there appears on the screen of my I-pad Pro diagonal black and white lines over some areas of the screen which disappear when flying outside (I assumed because of the GPS signal).
Yesterday, as prompted, I downloaded the app version 4.1.16. With hindsight this is for the Spark and Inspire 2 so probably should not have been download.
Since the I-pad screen has been completely opaque. I tried flying by sight very locally to see if a photograph and video could be taken but on return the photo had not taken. When checking the download of the SD card the photos were shown but blank. Today I tried again indoors and the screen was again showing pictures but again with varying degrees of diagonal black and white lines, then when outside the screen went opaque.

I assume this is a problem with the camera, but is it correctable and can anyone tell me how to uninstall the 4.1.16 app version and will it refer automatically to the previous version or do I need to completely reload the last app version and how !!!.

Andrew
4.1.16 isn’t specific to the Spark and Inspire 2. It’s just the current version of Go 4, which is also for the Mavic.

It sounds like you have overexposure warning turned on in the app.

0a4efaf8b64d9190c8b4212f25e4d395.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you both for your input.

I have switched off the "over exposure warning" and will try again.

The App DJI Go 4 4:1:16 only mentions Spark and Inspire 2 + other Editor changes but perhaps you are right and it includes Mavic Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121