DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple Drone Owners

Paulf10

Reactions
For those of you that own multiple DJI drones, because you upgraded as new drones came out and kept your older drone, do you still fly your older drones? I'm refering to mostly recreational drone pilots.

I'm asking because because I own a P4 and an MPP and I'm buying a M2P. I realize that the M2P will most likely cause the Platinum Pro to sit on the self just as it caused my P4 to sit on the shelf.

What are your thoughts?

For those of you that own multiple DJI drones, because you upgraded as new drones came out and kept your older drone, do you still fly your older drones? I'm refering to mostly recreational drone pilots.

I'm asking because because I own a P4 and an MPP and I'm buying a M2P. I realize that the M2P will most likely cause the Platinum Pro to sit on the self just as it caused my P4 to sit on the shelf.

What are your thoughts?
I'm going to buy the latest DJI model next year, looking for improvements in video/photo capabilities. But my intention is to keep and continue to use my MPP. While still flying within the rules, the MPP offers an open, modifiable platform. As a simple example, it is easy to change the rate of decent in sport mode. Mine is set at 22mph so that I can clear the air quickly in an emergency with unexpected air traffic (I've had aircraft pass over my house in the boonies less than 400 ft!). It's the ease of changing such parameters that I like, and I believe future models MAY not allow that and become more restrictive.

What are your thoughts?

I’m a one drone guy. I’ve upgraded over the years but older drones sitting on a shelf make me sad. I’ve always sold them second hand so someone else can take them out flying. I guess there’s just not room in my heart for more than one favorite bird. Plus selling the older model helped a bit with the sting of the cost for the new model.

I have an MP1 and MP2 with the plan I could use both at once with one capturing video and one photos plus would give me a backup if there were problems with the MP1 but in truth I've only used it a couple of times and should really sell it.

What are your thoughts?
I have a MP1, MPP and M2Z and fly all three.

Reactions: Paulf10

What are your thoughts?
I have multiple drones for different reasons three drones M2P , Spark And evo. M2P is the main drone ,the ev0 is flying when there’s Tfr’s the spark is for quick low risk flying

When I bought my Mavic Pro 3 years ago I still had a Phantom 2 with gimbal and analog FPV system. The Mavic topped it in any discipline, so there was no need for flying the Phantom again until I decided to sell it.
Now I have bought the Mavic Mini, too. I see it not as a replacement for the Pro, but as a supplement for situations where size and weight does matter. If I need the high reliability and range of Ocusync or with strong and gusty wind I will use the Pro, in other cases the Mini.
So to answer your question, it depends on the types of drones you own.

My P3 hasn't flown since I got the Mavic 2P. Have a "plan" to do some formation flying next summer.

What are your thoughts?

M2P is not hackable and the MPP is. Improvements are nill if you can't take off. Food for thought.

Chris, please explain “not hackable”. Thanks.
With the MP1 you can change the setting and easily disable NFZ, increase speed above what is allowed (up to 59moh I believe) and use range hacks. With the M2 series you cannot do any of that.

Chris, please explain “not hackable”. Thanks.

What the other poster said + loads more, heres a link to the guide:

I fly at least seven different drones a week if I had more time I’d fly to rest but I do alternate them to try to keep the batteries up from the P for P down to Tello size I still love flying them all

Thanks to everyone of you for your opinions and thoughts. They were all very interesting and informative. I appreciated each and everyone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J