DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple drones with multiple controllers prep/setup (for no internet flights)

lomposlapos

Reactions
Have two Mavic 3 Pro and one Mavic 3, and have been operating them via RC Pro.

Going for off-grid flying with no internet connection for a month. Once on the field, there’s noting I can do to update, activate, change, log-in/out, etc. that requires internet!

Now, as a safety backup, I want to ready and bring along an RC or RC231 controller.

Questions:
Can the same drone be linked to multiple controllers and still fly with zero issues or the need for internet with either?

On the two controllers, should I use the same DJI account or for some reason it is recommended to have different accounts?

Any other advice so no surprises in the field? (Besides the monthly forced log-in to be done the day I depart.)

Last edited:
You can connect more than on compatible controller. However, you can only use one at a time.
When I'm out in the field I use my mobile hotspot if an internet connection is needed. Is that possible for you?

Reactions: sarahb and MA2 317
I will have no internet or phone reception of any kind for a month. Looking for a ready-to-fly configuration for 3 drones/2 controllers, so I can fly them in any combination without the need of internet.

I want to avoid surprise error messages or prompts that require an internet to resolve.

Can the same drone be linked to multiple controllers and still fly with zero issues
Yes

On the two controllers, should I use the same DJI account or for some reason it is recommended to have different accounts?
I'm not aware of any advantages of using multiple DJI accounts. If anything, it will make things more complicated.

I'm not aware of any advantages of using multiple DJI accounts.
Can one controller support two DJI accounts without any issues? If yes, then it makes sense to ready each controller with a shared and unique account. (Redundancy is a form of backup.)

Can one controller support two DJI accounts without any issues?
A DJI drone can only be bound to one DJI account at a time.

it makes sense to ready each controller with a shared and unique account. (Redundancy is a form of backup.)
Redundancy is a common form of backup, but it wouldn't be suitable in this case. Furthermore, you won't be able to do anything with your DJI accounts (like switch accounts) while disconnected from the Internet.

If you're looking for true redundancy, you should take spare drones and remote controllers in case your primary drones cannot be used, are damaged, etc.

A DJI drone can only be bound to one DJI account at a time
Yes, but can that account be switched to another account without internet (only drone-controller communication)?

you should take spare drones and remote controllers
That's exactly what I am doing. But want to ensure the 2 controllers and 3 drones are prepared before departure so they are effortlessly interchangeable and work in any combination without requiring internet.

switch accounts) while disconnected from the Internet
So the accounts on controllers are not self-contained (local) in the controller?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mare Ru