DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Murphy sucks...

CarolinaDrone

Reactions
Great Sunday morning pilots, I am new to the drone world and have been a Mavic owner for 5 whole days now; the dreaded first crash happened yesterday. It was ENTIRELY, my fault and I'm good with that. Long story short, I paid more attention to my nephew falling off his bike than my drone and crashed into a tall pine tree. Unfortunately, the nose dive to the ground below resulted in the gimbal breaking in at least two places and the wires been pulled from the side. Within and hour it was on its way to California, for repairs.
My question is: WHAT KIND OF REPAIR COST AM I FACING???
No need to be gentle, give it to me straight.

Reactions: sendas
Great Sunday morning pilots, I am new to the drone world and have been a Mavic owner for 5 whole days now; the dreaded first crash happened yesterday. It was ENTIRELY, my fault and I'm good with that. Long story short, I paid more attention to my nephew falling off his bike than my drone and crashed into a tall pine tree. Unfortunately, the nose dive to the ground below resulted in the gimbal breaking in at least two places and the wires been pulled from the side. Within and hour it was on its way to California, for repairs.
My question is: WHAT KIND OF REPAIR COST AM I FACING???
No need to be gentle, give it to me straight.

How's the nephew?

I'd say about $275. You should have contacted member @Thunder-drones first. Might be cheaper. Certainly faster.

No Care Refresh?

Last edited:
Just as a side not since you already got your answer.
When a distraction is happening press the Pause button on the remote.

Rob

How's the nephew?

I'd say about $275. You should have contacted member @thunderdrone first. Might be cheaper. Certainly faster.

No Care Refresh?
AlanTheBeast, the nephew is good!! Thanks for the concern...and thanks for the info and the introduction to @thunderdrone...I honestly panicked and rushed to get this thing fixed.

AlanTheBeast, the nephew is good!! Thanks for the concern...and thanks for the info and the introduction to @thunderdrone...I honestly panicked and rushed to get this thing fixed.

P.S.
No Care Refresh, and now it looks like I won't be able to get it.

P.S.
No Care Refresh, and now it looks like I won't be able to get it.

Once you get the drone back, you will be able to get Refresh.

Your repair will probably take a 4-5 weeks, and Alan was right, maybe $175-$350 depending on whether they can repair or have to replace the gimbal. Within a week or two you will receive an email saying they got the bird. A few days later you will get a repair estimate. If you pay the estimate it takes them around a week or two to get it fixed tested and delivered back to you.

Once you get the drone back, you will be able to get Refresh.

Your repair will probably take a 4-5 weeks, and Alan was right, maybe $175-$350 depending on whether they can repair or have to replace the gimbal. Within a week or two you will receive an email saying they got the bird. A few days later you will get a repair estimate. If you pay the estimate it takes them around a week or two to get it fixed tested and delivered back to you.

Awesome!!! Thank you so much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys