DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Music On Video

Gkinghrn

Reactions
Love all the videos that get posted here but my one criticism is really I cant stand the music on these and always mute these video's.

I think if you add music it needs to be v v low volume to not be distracting - oh and I put music on my last videos and now decided I wont in the future but curious what others think.

Love all the videos that get posted here but my one criticism is really I cant stand the music on these and always mute these video's.

I think if you add music it needs to be v v low volume to not be distracting - oh and I put music on my last videos and now decided I wont in the future but curious what others think.
Is it just the music on Mavic Mini videos you have issue with then?

Seems like you have already found the solution. ;)
ha ha for me yes..I was curious about what others thoughts were though ..that was the question....

Music is a very individual thing and it’s a beautiful thing when the music matches the visuals but if it doesn’t match that well it’s still interesting because everybody has their own interpretation. That’s what makes it art

Reactions: Dbez1
I agree that music is very personal, and it's important that the pace and genre matches the setting. I've found it so difficult to get the right match that I've ended up using one source of copyright free music. Alexandr Shamaluev seems to produce tracks that match what I do.... Or maybe it's ended up being the other way around? Anyway, I think it's important to match video transition with the music transitions, and that the most breathtaking shots are set against the most dramatic parts of the soundtrack. Have a watch and I'd be interested to know if others like this style. Hope so, as most of my videos follow this similar pace and theme! If you have time do watch it through as the track develops and I hope the visuals match.

Last edited:

I do not agree. Think of all of the great movies over the years that are defined by their music track. They set the mood for the film. Music is as important as editing. However, the choice of music is as varied as mankind! If the film has good music, it makes the enjoyment all that much better. If the selection is not in conformity with the subject, the music detracts from the film. Often, I will actually turn off the entire clip because of the bad music selection. That is unfortunate. But when I see the matching of good filming and good music selection, it is beautiful thing to behold.

I agree that music is very personal, and it's important that the pace and genre matches the setting. I've found it so difficult to get the right match that I've ended up using one source of copyright free music. Alexandr Shamaluev seems to produce tracks that match what I do.... Or maybe it's ended up being the other way around? Anyway, I think it's important to match video transition with the music transitions, and that the most breathtaking shots are set against the most dramatic parts of the soundtrack. Have a watch and I'd be interested to know if others like this style. Hope so, as most of my videos follow this similar pace and theme! If you have time do watch it through as the track develops and I hope the visuals match.

Music should enhance the video if chosen carefully. This video was wonderfully synced with the music and I enjoyed the entire thing. Well done!???

Reactions: Chris Baish

I personally don’t think I’d watch a video for very long without background music. It’s what we’re used to. Music is supposed to enhance the experience but you’re right, music that doesn’t fit the content can be distracting. Re your volume concern... that’s why you have volume control on your device ???

Reactions: pelagic_one
A completely silent drone video would be pretty boring to watch for very long, but I also think that the music has to complement the video, and not just be added because it's the editor's favorite song.

Reactions: Chris Baish
Music is a must, but if it doesn’t match the visual stream then it’s worse than silence. Watch this as a fabulous example of brilliant footage, stunning edits and marvellous matching music. It’s not mine btw!

• Love
Reactions: Moon4Drone
Music is a must, but if it doesn’t match the visual stream then it’s worse than silence. Watch this as a fabulous example of brilliant footage, stunning edits and marvellous matching music. It’s not mine btw!

That was an awesome video, and the music was great. It almost had the vibe of a commercial, though, because of the type of music, in my opinion. Not being critical--I loved the video--just making an observation.

That guy does some really creative editing!

See I watched that and hated the music so much I stopped watching .... I thought it was too loud , brash and 'show offy' .... It literally screamed out 'arent I great?' in my face ..ugghhh...

Each to their own [emoji16]

It’s my opinion that this is a terrific example of how to make a drone movie. Short clips, varied perspectives and subject matter, appropriate music that enhances the video, and an overall short production that holds ones attention throughout. Thanks for posting LowerO! ??

Sometime, as an educational opportunity, I think I’ll initiate a thread inviting members to submit their thoughts of the most common mistakes of amateur movie makers.
???

Last edited:

The music you have chosen for your beautiful video is perfect...and illustrates exactly the importance of matching the mood with the content. Here's a short sunset video I made...can't imagine it with any othe4r music now. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RogerDH

Sooooo cool! Awesome flying, editing and music selection!

The music you have chosen for your beautiful video is perfect...and illustrates exactly the importance of matching the mood with the content. Here's a short sunset video I made...can't imagine it with any othe4r music now. Thanks for sharing.

Wow. The colours here are insane! Great work in protecting the colours and getting the exposure bang on. The music matches the mood perfectly and I agree that once you find the perfect soundtrack it's impossible to imagine anything else.

Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos