DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Must see crash test

Whenever a new DJI drone comes out, this youtuber will do the same set of "test" on the drone. I believe this is sponsored by DJI and serves as a special kind of advertisment. Seems to be working quite well.

I would say that the most impressive test was Sports Mode into the tree, but with the nose cowl extending slightly beyond the camera face, the camera / gimbal assembly is somewhat protected from the initial impact. Most of the crash damage to a UAV that I have witnessed - and seen on these forums - is usually the result of some type of impact and/or malfunction at altitude followed by its sudden impact with the ground. This seems to be when gimbals separate and arms break off the hull..

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Sooo much more durable than I had assumed...I'll prolly keep being overly cautious with mine but this was definitely reassuring.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
What's missing is the sideways crash, which I beleive is by far the most common type of crash with MA2. I really can't imagine someone driving his drone headlong into a tree like this by accident (unless the pilot is drunk as a fish). Or maybe my imagination is lacking.

Otherwise, good info and yeah, pretty reassuring.

Reactions: filgerm
What's missing is the sideways crash, which I beleive is by far the most common type of crash with MA2. I really can't imagine someone driving his drone headlong into a tree like this by accident (unless the pilot is drunk as a fish). Or maybe my imagination is lacking.

Otherwise, good info and yeah, pretty reassuring.
Yah I hope he does a special sideways crash test post!!! I'm sure a lot would like to see it! I requested for it on his channel just a while ago.

It was like watching someone abusing an animal for the sake of entertainment. It obviously doesn’t matter to him if/when he totals that poor MP2 as at the end of the video you can see he has more drone pelts on his wall that most people will own in a lifetime. Also as mentioned the “tests” are less like real life crashes and more for dramatic effect. Dropping stuff on top? That doesn’t happen mush unless you’re flying inside your kitchen.

I would rather see an in depth test of its crash AVOIDANCE. I don’t care to test this capability on my own Mavic and always wonder how well it works, especially around trees.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buckeyetom