DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My 15$ Mavic Mini modded case

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi friends,

As I bought a basic Mavic Mini (not Fly More Combo edition) I needed a case. After some research I found this chinesse Mavic Mini case for about 15$. It's sold online under many different brands: Anbee, Wellbuy, Tineer, Penivo, HRB, Soyan, AKD Steel...

This case looks great, it's durable and well designed. Small size but enought room for Mini, up to three batteries and lot of accesories.

Unfortunatelly, Mavic Mini controller don't fit well. A bit of modding is neccesary.

In this video I teach you how to mod this case by adding a shoulder strap and cutting some foam.

This case is working great for me. I hope you like it !

R.

Well done, given how nervous I am about damaging that accursed connecter a good modification IMO.
But.......... I think there is something quite important missing from this case and cases like it, a belly support for the drone as is found in the DJI flymore case.
It may well be that the foam 'grips' the drone firmly but does it grip it firmly enough to stop the Mini settling and end up resting on the rear prop blades?
Personally I do not like either set of props blades being stored across the body. Those positions requires that I depress the blades slightly to get them to intermesh with one another. Because of this I have 'always' stored my Mini with the rear blades pointing slightly forward under the gimbal cover. With the flymore case the forward shoulders of the recesses for the rear motors limit how far forward the blades can point and I put a foam plug into the gimbal cover's latch to limit how 'across the body' the blades can point. However, a few days ago I cut those "forward shoulders" away which gives the rear blades more room to swing.
You might like to give consideration to doing the same thing on this case. The modification amounts to cutting out wedges of foam with the cuts being along the red lines marked on the attached screen capture, the second photo shows my case.
The front blades are stored over their respective arm and are 'trapped' between two outer blocks of foam, which are glued to the case, and a third, L shaped, block of loose foam that is tethered to the case and sits atop the back and rear of the drone

Attachments

• mini case mods.png
    mini case mods.png
    756.1 KB · Views: 27
  • flymore case mods.jpg
    flymore case mods.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: raulmavic
You are very right. Mavic Mini propellers are very fragile. I always use a propeller holder before storing into case.

I'm using this DIY ribbon & velcro prop holder:

R.

Yes but that's still putting them across the body and in my circumstances means bending the blades to get them it intermesh with one another.

My Mavic Mini log shows more than 10 hours airborne. It's still using original propellers.

I always carefully store drone folded using my velcro & ribbon prop holder.

I'm very proud to claim I have never had any 'Motor Speed Warning' due to warped props ;)

R.

In the end I think it to some extent comes down to personal choice, I do not like the idea of having to depress/bend the blades to get them to interleave with one another so I will do what I can to avoid that.
My thinking is tempered by the fact that my Mini arrived, brand new in a sealed flymore box, with the blades across the body, bound in the DJI sleeves and the blades of at least one of the rear motors were warped/flattened and 'needed' replacing.
The system you have works for you and the system I have works for me.

Reactions: raulmavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS