DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My charging solution is finally together

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
For anyone else out there that has 4 strobes, batteries for the drone that need to be charged faster than one at a time and controller, goggles, cell phone and tablet that also need to be charged, here's the solution we've aquired that meets our needs.

With this arrangement, I no longer have to wait for several hours, carrying an array of connectors and cables that are all over the place and have to be switched when one thing is done charging and something else is waiting, and I can be back in the air faster.

(And my wife is happier...LOL)Resized_20180919_091232.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Very cool!
Thank you sir!

This will make packing it all up into my hard case and moving to fly somewhere a heck of a lot less stressful.

My wife and I plan on shooting locations while flying and driving around North America and Europe.

The simplicity and eventual use of our label maker to identify each of the wire connector's purpose in conjunction with fire from bags for all lithium battery operated devices will definitely keep border agents and other LEOs more at ease and make answering any answers to their questions easier to understand and accept.

:) :) :)

I likey! @Elton Hammonds , what is the 4-way adapter cable you have and do you put an adapter on the appropriate ends to charge the different types of devices?
Thank you!

Here's a link to the 4 way splitter cable that I've ordered four of so I can have them as backups or further deploy them in my upcoming office redesign.

4 in 1 USB Cable Android Charger for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7WFVWB?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

These cables were orginally included with the lighted props for the mavic drones and convert the full sized USB-A jack on the power hub to 4 MicroUSB plugs that all the devices require except my tablet.

These cables are clean looking, seem to be well made and most importantly, work. :)

As for reqired adaptors, as I mentioned above, I only required one adapter to connect it to my Lenovo Tab 4 10.1", which requires a USB-C connector.

Very nicely done Elton!! I've refried a set of the Atari Feet for my charger as well. I'm all apple here so, sadly, those multi cables will not work. the lighted props however are VERY intersting. Have you used them and did you like the effect?

Thanks,
Kevin In CT

Very nicely done Elton!! I've refried a set of the Atari Feet for my charger as well. I'm all apple here so, sadly, those multi cables will not work. the lighted props however are VERY intersting. Have you used them and did you like the effect?

Thanks,
Kevin In CT
I haven't gotten the actual LED props, just the cables.

They look like fun and I haven't read anywhere that anyone had a crash from them, so I might order some for Christmas to just play with occasionally.

I got into a heated argument with Steve Jobs in Atlanta during a banquet event he held for the release of the original Apple Macintosh over my claim that his black and white monitor not being what people want from a small business and home computer when I was 15.

So, based on that and a dozen other technical reasons, I won't ever own an Apple. ;)

Reactions: NXPRSS
Whoa can you explain what is going on here for us newbs? What is that blue charger? What is that 4Hawks antenna?? Why do you need it?

Very nice Elton! I am waiting for my strobes, strobe mounts and lime green skin. I did received my PGY tech landing gears with strobe/spot light and the same blue charger.

Very nice Elton! I am waiting for my strobes, strobe mounts and lime green skin. I did received my PGY tech landing gears with strobe/spot light and the same blue charger.
You're going to be very happy with that stuff. I almost went with the lime green because it looks so cool. :)

Whoa can you explain what is going on here for us newbs? What is that blue charger? What is that 4Hawks antenna?? Why do you need it?
Great questions.

The blue charger is an updated version of a long proven and beloved aftermarket power supply that charges 3 of the Mavic 2 batteries at one time in addition to having 2 USB ports that carry more voltage than the OEM.

It's larger, but it also has larger and more open heat sinks, a nice cooling fan and is capable of charging more devices at once, as you can see in the picture I've posted.

In the picture, I have 3 Mavic 2 batteries on the power supply's 3 attached cables and have used two of my separately purchased 1 to 4 splitter cables that takes 1 full sized USB down to 4 microUSB connectors. (Giving me 8 microUSB devices that I can charge at the same time.

Beyond that, I bought a pack of Ankor microUSB to USB-C connectors so I couldn't convert one of the eight microUSB connectors to charge my Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus tablet.

This tablet has 4gb RAM behind it's quad-core processor, 64gb of built in storage with a microSD card slot available and uses USB-C instead of microUSB, which has faster and more reliable connection to the controller while flying.

So, with this arrangement, I'm charging 3 Mavic 2 batteries, 4 Strobon strobe lights, my tablet, cell phone, my wife's RE Goggles and the remote control at once with a GREATLY simplified wiring arrangement, saving hours in the process and being less likely to burn out anything from heat not being dissapated by the OEM charger.

The 4Hawks Raptor XR antenna is an aftermarket antenna made in Poland (instead of China), which is well known to be a great solution for providing a more directional and stronger signal between the remote and drone while doing so without needing to add any amps to it.

Granted, the Raptor XR is about 12" wide, but is a real feather weight antenna that can handle any amps you'll want to possibly hook to it and does easily detach from the remote for packing it away.

Hopefully this helps. :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin