DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My custom Mavic air 2 paint job

Nice! How do you like your ARC XL. I just got mine and Im trying to figure out where to place it on my MA2. I was actually thinking about placing it over the aux light, but its too thick and interferes with landing.

Those are factory props. I really took a look of time and detail taping off vents, sensors, motors, I then spray painted the body with primer and paint. I took the regular props and sprayed them with just a sliver paint. I then taped of all contacts on batteries side contacts, bottom contacts, and a small square sensor on back of battery. I did several coats to batteries. Once dry I then took and automotive clear coat and covered the batteries. Once batteries were dry I then took a needle and picked the led lights. Came out perfect and flies like and eagle. I love my arc. Especially if it went down, I could locate it. I took double sided 3m 15 lb adhesive tape and cut it to attach to top. I wouldn’t cover the aux light. I actually use that sometimes during day to get a better look. I was hesitant to do this but said what the heck. Turned out great. Props have no problem as it’s a light coating of paint.paint was rust oleum midnight blue paint and primer. Other was a silver metallic no primer. If your gonna do it, take time. Tape off all important components. Then I cut around each one with a small razor. Such as a sensor.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Nice! How do you like your ARC XL. I just got mine and Im trying to figure out where to place it on my MA2. I was actually thinking about placing it over the aux light, but its too thick and interferes with landing.
yeah if you place it on bottom you will interfere with sensors.

Reactions: Ars3nal3432

Nice paint job, excellent detail. Definitely stands out

ive never heard of the ARC XL tracker, looks to have good range maybe worldwide. Did a google search and found nothing on it, but I’m sure it’s top notch technology based from its appearance.

I use the Guardian G3 from Trackimo, with the supplied pouch attach it to all my drones at rear lower arm beside body.

This lower arm corner doesn’t interfere with obstacle avoidance sensors, Works with Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Evo 2 Pro and Bebop 2 all attached to rear lower corner arm.

Attaching a Tracker is good, I’m surprised the ratio of flyers using them are low.

I’ve lost three drones in my career never again, and I’ve been able to recover several lost drones using a trackimo tracker. Find my drone feature isn’t always reliable, Disconnect will only show its last location If it never reconnects.

Thanks for sharing the fancy paint job and a picture of your tracker, smart move.

Good luck,
Paul

6D8FCB11-D60A-4B71-AC5A-2C96A59BBD3B.jpegC02C5202-1614-42F4-BF98-3A085BAC6F27.jpeg3571E12F-36EE-49E5-A51F-28F143AA25F2.jpeg2F2A7317-6C74-497B-AFCA-C0235E41E613.jpeg

Reactions: J2ps

ive never heard of the ARC XL tracker, looks to have good range maybe worldwide. Did a google search and found nothing on it, but I’m sure it’s top notch technology based from its appearance.

I use the Guardian G3 from Trackimo, with the supplied pouch attach it to all my drones at rear lower arm beside body.

This lower arm corner doesn’t interfere with obstacle avoidance sensors, Works with Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Evo 2 Pro and Bebop 2 all attached to rear lower corner arm.

Attaching a Tracker is good, I’m surprised the ratio of flyers using them are low.

I’ve lost three drones in my career never again, and I’ve been able to recover several lost drones using a trackimo tracker. Find my drone feature isn’t always reliable, Disconnect will only show its last location If it never reconnects.

Thanks for sharing the fancy paint job and a picture of your tracker, smart move.

Good luck,
Paul

View attachment 104885View attachment 104886View attachment 104887View attachment 104888
wouldnt it affect crafts aerodynamics especially in windy conditions?

Looks nice! I'll probably leave mine gray. Don't think I'll camo it.

Good luck,
Paul

View attachment 104885View attachment 104886View attachment 104887View attachment 104888

Wait, why do you still have the stickers on your drone? :oops:

Reactions: itsneedtokno
yeah, seem to be bad idea
You guys under estimate the Mavic Air 2, No problem with flight including flying in wind with my little tracker mounted towards body area. It’s not mounted towards motor, where weight can effect balance or overworking motor.

Users are already adding weight to Mavic Air 2 legs or attaching weight to other areas of body, here’s an extremely nice rig light setup on the Mavic Air 2 mounted beside motors. It’s balanced but still adds little extra work to motors, it’s fine Mavic Air 2 can handle it Mavic Air 2 is one tough bird. Mini trackers, small lights attached to Mavic Air 2 is okay.

My tracker is mounted beside rear portion of body, weight is better distributed here less stress to rear right motor and more aerodynamic at this location than it would be mounted towards front of body or mounted outside of arm.

Too many people under estimate Mavic Air 2

Paul
3753DD23-1565-4450-B414-A972E6F3797E.jpeg

Reactions: J2ps
You guys under estimate the Mavic Air 2, No problem with flight including flying in wind with my little tracker mounted towards body area. It’s not mounted towards motor, where weight can effect balance or overworking motor.

Users are already adding weight to Mavic Air 2 legs or attaching weight to other areas of body, here’s an extremely nice rig light setup on the Mavic Air 2 mounted beside motors. It’s balanced but still adds little extra work to motors, it’s fine Mavic Air 2 can handle it Mavic Air 2 is one tough bird. Mini trackers, small lights attached to Mavic Air 2 is okay.

My tracker is mounted beside rear portion of body, weight is better distributed here less stress to rear right motor and more aerodynamic at this location than it would be mounted towards front of body or mounted outside of arm.

Too many people under estimate Mavic Air 2

Paul
View attachment 104961
I wasnt talking about weight mate, it was about aerodynamic profile :)
as first, it might cause issues in windy condition, as second its directly affecting airflow generated by the prop which can cause instability, NASA airflow simulation attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 18.34.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 18.34.03.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
Just curious. why do you think those trackers are more reliable than the tracking device that's installed. Is it the redundancy?
Nice paint..love that burnished ebony look. painting props is iffy balance wise but if you must I get it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez