DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Dji Mavic Air 2 Crashed Suddenly🤧

Sathwik

Reactions
i was flying 500mtrs away in my area and drone suddenly got disconnected waited for 5mins+ to see if drone takes rth but no use ,ran to the drone last location and searched for 1 hour finally it got it in very bad shape
can anyone pls check logs and sort out whats the issue

Last edited:
You can upload and view your TXT flight log online here. If you'd like other people to comment on it, then post a link back here after you upload it.

This red pin shows the last location from your flight log. Where did you end up finding it?

What kind of damage did you see?

i
This red pin shows the last location from your flight log. Where did you end up finding it?

What kind of damage did you see?
the last location was on top of a school building but i went and searched the building roof and at the edge of the building roof i found 3 broken props and camera gimbal side covers only, then peeking down the area i found the drone lying on back with only 1 prop attached to it and its gimbal broken, the mainboard and esc was badly damaged and drone body is fine with one leg broken even arms are good but the drone bottom shot up really bad

Mainboard was bent🫡

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
At 1m 13.2s into the flight, the flight log started showing a battery communication error here:

1717360524456.png

The last row of the flight log appears to contain garbage data. I've looked at a lot of flight logs and have never seen data quite like that.

Since the drone experienced some kind of failure with the battery mid-flight, seemed to be high enough to avoid all obstacles if RTH was initiated, and didn't actually make it back home, I'm guessing the battery disconnected mid-flight or the drone lost power due to that battery failure.

But I flew it 10mins before the crash with another battery it flewed perfect but when i changed to next battery and took off this happened what can i do now lost my drone and lost my money 😢 During the flight i got max power load reached message but i thought it was normal. now i need to sell the remaining parts

If you have DJI Care Refresh or if your drone is still under warranty, you can contact DJI support for help here.

Ah, well, it looks like you're going to have to replace it out of pocket then. As for the problematic battery, it's probably not safe to continue using it since your drone crashed.

For future flights, verify the battery is securely connected prior to take off. While there are likely other scenarios that can cause the battery to malfunction (like a faulty battery), that is probably still one of the more common issues.

Dji care refresh?😅 i live in india and these drones are illegal and banned in our country so then sell these drones unofficialy without box
You list your location as California so not likely anyone would guess you actually live in India.

Sorry for your loss.

You list your location as California so not likely anyone would guess you actually live in India.

Sorry for your loss.
I guess you haven't heard of India, CA.

Right on the coast!

NB; For those that didn't get it, this was meant to be sarcasm. I guess I failed....lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: shortbrownguy
I had this same scenario with my Air 2S using an older battery from my Air 2. It swelled just enough to disconnect. The battery was still in the aircraft when I retrieved it. Luckily it was only about 20 feet in the air and about 30 feet from me so damage was minimal. Sent it to DJI with Care Refresh and got a replacement soon after.

Ah, well, it looks like you're going to have to replace it out of pocket then. As for the problematic battery, it's probably not safe to continue using it since your drone crashed.

For future flights, verify the battery is securely connected prior to take off. While there are likely other scenarios that can cause the battery to malfunction (like a faulty battery), that is probably still one of the more common issues.
Yep, I secure the battery with a velcro strap to minimize the possibility of the battery coming loose.

Reactions: Capt KO
But I flew it 10mins before the crash with another battery it flewed perfect but when i changed to next battery and took off this happened what can i do now lost my drone and lost my money 😢 During the flight i got max power load reached message but i thought it was normal. now i need to sell the remaining parts
Was the battery slightly swollen before the flight. They are difficult to latch in properly if they are swollen and it’s a pretty hard to notice. I’m familiar with that because I have a couple that are bulging a little and they will bulge more during a flight . I’ve been using them over soft terrain (open desert) tracking myself on my dog walks. I put the drone in front and walk towards it at less than ten feet. I wouldn’t fly anywhere else but I’m curious about the battery performance.

Was the battery slightly swollen before the flight. They are difficult to latch in properly if they are swollen and it’s a pretty hard to notice. I’m familiar with that because I have a couple that are bulging a little and they will bulge more during a flight . I’ve been using them over soft terrain (open desert) tracking myself on my dog walks. I put the drone in front and walk towards it at less than ten feet. I wouldn’t fly anywhere else but I’m curious about the battery performance.
its a new drone and battery is perfectly fine

Seems like you had one good battery and one bad battery.

General question:
Is there anyway to do battery diagnostics?
Like the battery health on macbooks.

Edit:
Airdata UAV app has a Power tab but the data is only available after flight.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse