DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My DJI Predictions For 2020

Isn't that the iPhone warning of a low battery?
That's an interesting point. Maybe that was the phone, have to watch it again. I have seen DJI videos though, where people have a higher battery readings on their drones, when in reality it's lower, and didn't make it to the RTH spot.

They just need to optimize the M2P a little bit.

4K@60fps is a MUST, and like you guys said, it's enough, nobody need more than 4k, it just makes no sense at all for home cinema, commercial, etc... It will be the new standard in the next few years, like it is 1080 now. Everything above is useless for most situations.

Some more flight modes like terrain follow, which was possible with the old drones (!)

A bit more user friendly interface (some camera modes are not where I want them to be, waypoints is a mess,...)

TRUE 4k without line skipping or other stupid stuff like barrel distortion in H265, just get a better processor in the drone and that's no problem! The image processing is still not sharp enough!!
(but maybe that's just my device, I talk to dji to find out if my drone has a faulty lense or something).

I personally don't need obstacle avoidance, but they kinda have to improve that because the other drones can do... I don't care about that.

A bit more flight time is always good, but I'm happy so far.

So these are just a few things they should have done with the M2P in the first place, I don't really can afford another 2000€.

Plus I hope they make it compatible with the smart controller. If not, I won't buy the mavic 3.

Very well said. I agree with everything you've laid out here.

That being said, while I agree with you in regards to the adequacy of the current battery, I am confident that DJI will release the Mavic3 with a battery that either meets or exceeds the flight time of the Evo2.

I say that because I know they view that as important from a marketing perspective..

I want a quieter UAS, increased range/flight time, waterproof, with greater telephoto opportunities, 1" sony sensor, and 8k recording.

:)

My prediction on what DJI will put out in 2020 and why. The Skydio 2 and the Evo 2 have raised the bar, it is obvious that DJI will raise it even higher simply because they can.

I believe they will first release the Mavic Air 2 which will have either improved WiFi like the US A Mavic Mini version does or their proprietary Ocusync. It will also have a slightly better camera than the current model; no 6k or 8k, the latter of which has very low appeal to begin with and makes zero sense to anyone looking for a drone in the sub $2000.00 price point as both 6k and 8k would necessitate a major expenditure for a computer to adequately process it. I believe that the biggest and most welcome improvement which we will see in the Air 2 will be a significantly longer battery time, quieter motors and increased range.

As far as the Mavic 3 goes I would expect it to also have a better battery than the EVO 2, better obstacle avoidance than the Skydio 2 and a better camera than the Evo 2 but again not going with 8k for the same reasons I listed for the Air 2.

What are your thoughts?

Tracking capability to fit with FAA USA proposed requirements?

I'm sure that's doable but I don't think that will happen.
Yep, that’s what I reckon too! DJI gotta look after their own I guess. How long before it’s illegal to fly a drone without tracking!? Interesting how we have vintage cars one can still drive from early 1900’s; I wonder it there’s gonna be vintage drone clubs? “My god, they used to fly without Thought Tracking and Direction Systems! And can you believe it used to be a rule that you couldn’t use FPV alone?!”

Reactions: AIredale1
My prediction on what DJI will put out in 2020 and why. The Skydio 2 and the Evo 2 have raised the bar, it is obvious that DJI will raise it even higher simply because they can.

I believe they will first release the Mavic Air 2 which will have either improved WiFi like the US A Mavic Mini version does or their proprietary Ocusync. It will also have a slightly better camera than the current model; no 6k or 8k, the latter of which has very low appeal to begin with and makes zero sense to anyone looking for a drone in the sub $2000.00 price point as both 6k and 8k would necessitate a major expenditure for a computer to adequately process it. I believe that the biggest and most welcome improvement which we will see in the Air 2 will be a significantly longer battery time, quieter motors and increased range.

As far as the Mavic 3 goes I would expect it to also have a better battery than the EVO 2, better obstacle avoidance than the Skydio 2 and a better camera than the Evo 2 but again not going with 8k for the same reasons I listed for the Air 2.

What are your thoughts?

So I always shoot in 4k but I only get 24/30 fps with Mavic or Mavic 2. I have a a pretty beefy computer but I still use proxies whenever I am editing footage in Premiere Pro or After Effects.

My final output will almost, always be 4K but what I want to do is have the resolution of 6k or 8k with a 1 in sensor and have the ability to crop into whatever I need and still have sharp, non pixelate footage, when exported as 4k.

Unless I am viewing 6k or 8k footage on a 30 to 70 meter planetarium dome or an Imax, there is really no way to visually perceive the difference of 6K or 8K footage compared to 4K, on a normal, large screen, TV or computer monitor.

BONUS: 4K at 60fps is cool, for slow motion but 4K at 120fps is soooo awesome!!!

Reactions: AIredale1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S