DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first aerial video

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
A lot to learn yet, but here is my first aerial video, having owned my MM for about a week. Learning video editing on the fly as well ?.

Very nice for a first. Nothing wrong with that! You've got smooth transitions and you're going for the cinematic effect. Good work! Happy flying

Thanks. I learned a lot on that one. Back in the VHS days I used to shoot wedding video professionally. Haven't touched a video camera for 35 years until three weeks ago. Hadn't even flown a (decent) drone until a week ago [I did have a defective Chinese drone that I had to fight for a refund on.]. I'm trying to work on all the manual moves and haven't even tried a quickshot yet. Simultaneous, multi-directional stick(s) movement is quite the challenge. Had some jerky moments I had to edit out... but had some decent footage. I'm still not happy with the music. I'd like something a little less ominous. Suggestions?

I'm starting to make friends with DaVinci Resolve 16 and learning to record and edit audio with Reaper... Talk about drinking from three firehoses at once! FWIW I'm not finding it any harder to learn DaVinci than one of the cheaper "lite" video editing programs. The testament is that I'm actually making videos now and got hung up with the "easier" programs. Go figure. Just thought I'd toss that out there for anyone in the same boat. FWIW, unbelievably, DaVinci Resolve is FREE... unless you upgrade to their "studio" version, which just has more bells and whistles.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
A lot to learn yet, but here is my first aerial video, having owned my MM for about a week. Learning video editing on the fly as well ?.

Too cool. I’m glad to see new pilots enjoy making videos. I’m a video guy myself.
Keep making more and sharing!

Too cool. I’m glad to see new pilots enjoy making videos. I’m a video guy myself.
Keep making more and sharing!
I think the video aspect is what will keep me interested in piloting. I'm going to have to get serious about getting the 107 because I know there is work out there. I'll can see myself buying a MA2 or whatever is next within a year. I can see the need of having to get work as this can get expensive fast.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61