DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first commercial (80% drone) : your opinion and advices please

jpblcm

Reactions
This is my really first commercial job with Mavic Pro, GoPro 5 and Sony pro 4k camera.
By the way I'm broadcast video producer since 1992 (betacam sp... and newer...)
The job is done with special demands, but I'll be happy to read your comments.
I know that I can do really better, but 9' duration was the goal and the purpose was : see what you can see from boat if you rent one (no road, too wild, few path...) and as memory when back home on winter you think about this day on boat...it was this summer...

Thanx

Reactions: mortenf
no suggestions ? no idea ? I know we see propellers around 2' and strange focus behavior on the high view next the end...

OK, here's my honest review.

Great shots. I like the colours a lot. It also proves the quality of the MP camera is great when operated by someone who knows what he's doing. You keep the shots short enough to stay interesting. Smoothness overall. Although 9 minutes is probably too long for most viewers to keep watching. People are bored really quickly nowadays.

The music is obviously well played (I'm a musician/composer myself), but the synthetic violin sound is a bit harsh (sorry, can't say it any other way), the quality of the sounds is not of the same level as your shots, even IF it's played manually, it still sounds like a standard midi file this way. To listen almost nine minutes to that is a bit of a challenge to my ears.

Having props in view for a second here and there is not a sin in my opinion. It should be no problem to feel or see that it is shot with a drone.

EDIT: In spite of my remarks about the sound it is refreshing instead of the instant techno loops we hear with almost every clip. Kudos for that!

Last edited:
thanx a lot, about the music, yes it was made with Garage Band and usb Keyboard, all manually. The strings samples are not so good, you are right.
Hidden in the music is the Corsican anthem, Corsican people will hear it and love it.
About the duration, I know that most visitors will quit before end, but those who rent a boat and saw the film ask us more... paradox if you agree. I "only" show 1/3 of the footage and natural sites... may be a new version in 3 episodes...
And I'm really satisfied with the Platinum... I push it to limits and it behaves like a rock !

thanx you again, reviews "honest" (or not) are gazoline to better our work !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54