DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My First Drone Comes Tomorrow....

You should be excited. That is one impressive bird. Welcome to the forum. Read all there is on the Mavic Air. Search the forum for everything you may want to know (I'm sure its been covered before). I always suggest you read/watch the 'Lost/crashed my drone' posts/videos you can find. Just when you 'think' you can't crash or lose it . . . you can. Have fun and fly safe!

Welcome aboard!!

You should be excited. That is one impressive bird. Welcome to the forum. Read all there is on the Mavic Air. Search the forum for everything you may want to know (I'm sure its been covered before). I always suggest you read/watch the 'Lost/crashed my drone' posts/videos you can find. Just when you 'think' you can't crash or lose it . . . you can. Have fun and fly safe!

Welcome aboard!!
Thanks James!

Drone Newb Tips

Many congratulations on your new drone! A very exciting purchase.

Yes, it's a bit intimidating to fly at first but you'll gain proficiency soon. Watch videos like those from Ed Ricker for those new to the Mavic Pro.

Advice from a guy who started as a complete newb and am now at about 100 flights (so far) on my MP. One hard crash, a few soft ones, and I lost it once for several hours (recovered it).

1) Take your time. Impatience will cause you problems (maxim stolen from this website)

2) Find "Beginner Mode" on the DJI 4 app which you'll need, and turn that on for your first few flights.

3) Find a wide open flat space with no trees or structures nearby on your first few flights.

4) If you get in a pinch while flying, simply take both hands off the joy sticks and it'll stop and hover until you think your way through the situation. Go real easy on the joy sticks- small and smooth movements on the sticks.

5) At first, land with more than 5 or 6 mins remaining on your batteries. It'll freak you out as a newbie when you get a low battery warning and it zooms to 100 feet in the air for a return to home when you're a newb.

6) Have a checklist. Remember to remove 2 (two) gimbal locks before you fly.

7) Stick close to this site as there are a lot of experts here (I'm not one of them). YouTube is also a treasure trove for new drone owners.

Have fun and keep us posted!

Drone Newb Tips

Yes, it's a bit intimidating to fly at first but you'll gain proficiency soon. Watch videos like those from Ed Ricker for those new to the Mavic Pro.

Advice from a guy who started as a complete newb and am now at about 100 flights (so far) on my MP. One hard crash, a few soft ones, and I lost it once for several hours (recovered it).

1) Take your time. Impatience will cause you problems (maxim stolen from this website)

2) Find "Beginner Mode" on the DJI 4 app which you'll need, and turn that on for your first few flights.

3) Find a wide open flat space with no trees or structures nearby on your first few flights.

4) If you get in a pinch while flying, simply take both hands off the joy sticks and it'll stop and hover until you think your way through the situation. Go real easy on the joy sticks- small and smooth movements on the sticks.

5) At first, land with more than 5 or 6 mins remaining on your batteries. It'll freak you out as a newbie when you get a low battery warning and it zooms to 100 feet in the air for a return to home when you're a newb.

7) Stick close to this site as there are a lot of experts here (I'm not one of them). YouTube is also a treasure trove for new drone owners.

Drone Newb Tips

2 (two) Gimbal locks?

front to back, all manuals read!
congrats on your purchase, Air is a great piece of hardware if threaten with love :)
when I've got my Air, I was so scared so flew it a few times inside of my warehouse due to alot of space and no wind :), then tried to fly outside :) ..and so far, all good :)

OK! So I finally have something to share on my first flight... No crash! Man I was geeked out on this thing, here's a lil video I put together to share....
Can't wait to get to warmer weather to go more...lots to learn!

Reactions: ItsLunchBOX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard