DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini My first ever drone video, please help!!! Mini 2. Bergen, Norway

All in all I like it, maybe others will have comments about the cinematography but I liked it.
However I do wonder if this flight was in compliance with Norwegian drone regulations, specifically concerning height above the ground beneath the drone (AGL) and flying over built up areas. Please note I am not referring to the height above the take off point.
Given the probably mountains around Bergen and the angle of the camera you may have been complying with the regulations but I did wonder......
I'd guess most people will at times break these rules a little bit but if so posting videos of it is perhaps not wise.

Thank you! I need to work on my cinematography, but I think it was a good start. I never broke the regulations as I set the hight limit to 120m and only flew up the hills, never down and therefore I'm certain this flight was compliant. The hills around Bergen are very steep and most of the shots from the hillside were shot between 30-60m over ground.

Immediately drawn in , and captivating footage what a beautiful place .
At times I thought I was watching a miniature city and that was stunning.

If i were to improve upon it , you might try timing the music with the cuts a little better at the beginning , there is that point right before the trolley goes up that you seem to miss the Cut but other than that, An easy watch.

I do think that at times we forget the drone can capture some B Roll which would have been a nice touch to an already great video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and Land on Water.

Immediately drawn in , and captivating footage what a beautiful place .
At times I thought I was watching a miniature city and that was stunning.

If i were to improve upon it , you might try timing the music with the cuts a little better at the beginning , there is that point right before the trolley goes up that you seem to miss the Cut but other than that, An easy watch.

I do think that at times we forget the drone can capture some B Roll which would have been a nice touch to an already great video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and Land on Water.
Thank you! Great tips you have there.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've had my drone for about 2 months. I thought my first video was great. After a month of flying, my first video looks surprisingly bad. I've picked up some tips here that have made my videos better but mostly it's just been time in the air that has helped. Practice and experience. I didn't even know what I didn't know. I'm sure that a year from now I'll be saying the same thing about today's videos.

My advice, fly as much as you can to improve.

• Love
Reactions: dozzn and MrDrone96
Beautiful subject, good flying. I very much enjoyed watching your video, there was so much to see.

Perhaps a bit longer than it needed to be. I agree, there could have been better synchronization of cuts with the music.

Your first video? I look forward to your next.

Beautiful subject, good flying. I very much enjoyed watching your video, there was so much to see.

Perhaps a bit longer than it needed to be. I agree, there could have been better synchronization of cuts with the music.

Your first video? I look forward to your next.
Thank you for your kind words!
Yes, this was my first ever video edit, so need a bit of work there as well:)

Hi MrDrone,
I enjoyed your video! For the first time editing you did a quite good job. Concerning positive criticism everyting was already said by my previous writer ?
cheers and happy flying Paul

Reactions: MrDrone96
Nice one.
My cousin moved to Norway, Kvenevikstemma not far from Bergen.
Your video reminded me of the time I visited him & had a few days in Bergen.

All in all I like it, maybe others will have comments about the cinematography but I liked it.
However I do wonder if this flight was in compliance with Norwegian drone regulations, specifically concerning height above the ground beneath the drone (AGL) and flying over built up areas. Please note I am not referring to the height above the take off point.
Given the probably mountains around Bergen and the angle of the camera you may have been complying with the regulations but I did wonder......
I'd guess most people will at times break these rules a little bit but if so posting videos of it is perhaps not wise.
I think,for a beginner, this was great flying! You did very slow and deliberate movements, no fast, dizzying yaws or panning, which is good. I have been to Bergen, and have ridden that tramway up to the top and to be frank with you, this could easily have been filmed with a video camera too. The vantage point from up there is great. When I was there there were no such things as drone! (many years ago). Bravo for your first drone film posting.
Dale
Miami

Well done. The comments and suggestions (congrats to all subscribers on such respectful and helpful feedback!) should improve your cinematography. I agree that will come with experience. Love your city! Keep posting!

Thank you for reminding me of my first overseas holiday in 1980 - went with National Trust for Scotland when they hired the old School ship Uganda. We sailed from Dundee & went via Narvic, up to North Cape to Bergen - Happy memories of a wonderful holiday :)

Excellent work for a first drone video. Great light, smooth flight and attractive subjects. Scenes are just about the right length to maintain attention and the music adds to the production. There's a jump at 1:53 that distracts - better to just drop a transition like that - the video's plenty long enough. Good to see you avoid an early pitfall for many - horizons on the slant.. Look forward to seeing more.

Excellent video, smooth movement. The more and more I watch videos on the forum I realize that many of us fall in the same trap. It’s the length of the music that dictates the video and often we tend to incorporate clips that shouldn’t be included or repeat clips. It’s a challenge to keep your viewer’s interest to the end. Shorter video with excellent clips have a better chance. Once you have your clips assembled, then edit the length of your audio. You may have to use a different software to do so.
Anyway that’s my opinion

Been to Bergen and that was a real treat to see the sights again. I was familiar with everything you shot. Took the Hertigruten all the way up North. Thank you.

Very nice...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki