DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first Get Up !

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The Sound of the Air 3 Drone is Awesome, very nice tone, may not even swtich to Master Screw props.
Zones and Alt levels same as the Mavic 3 pro at 500 Meters The Mavic 3 classic is only 400 ft

This is what I noticed first , how Fast it Delivered a Pano compared to the Mavic 3 Pro
This is the Result Cropped of the Pano , I think they need a little Tweaking at this early stage on the Assembly

I cant post the Picture on the Forum as it keeps saying the FILE IS TO LARGE ??

You can see the Problem in the Trees , almost looks like a Reptillian.

Screenshot of ScreenFloat (8-2-23, 6-28-51 PM).jpg

Something is wrong with the Picture Size not loading anything.

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly your Air 3 in the Rain. Land on the Wate Capture the Storm .

Attachments

• Screenshot of Google Chrome (8-2-23, 6-27-33 PM).png
    Screenshot of Google Chrome (8-2-23, 6-27-33 PM).png
    18.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
@davedrone 178 ,to what end ,DJI spent a lot of time ,optimising the props ,the ESCs and the balance ,that it gives to the drones flight envelope
and putting different props on opposing motors ,could possibly cause issues with flight stability
of course its your drone ,and you are free to do with it what you wish

@davedrone 178 ,to what end ,DJI spent a lot of time ,optimising the props ,the ESCs and the balance ,that it gives to the drones flight envelope
and putting different props on opposing motors ,could possibly cause issues with flight stability
of course its your drone ,and you are free to do with it what you wish
You're right, probably not a good idea. I guess I won't be trying the props but I wondered why Pilot Institute did

Last edited:
You're right, probably not a good idea. I guess I won't be trying the props but I wondered why Pilot Institute did
I think I've seen two videos now where they used the rear Mavic 3 props on the rear of the Air 3 and I wondered what the long term consequences would be, just as Old Man Mavic mentioned. However I was really tempted to try a flight with the mixed props...lol.

Still not able to Load any PIctures on the thread or anywhere else ?

Zones and Alt levels same as the Mavic 3 pro at 500 Meters
The Mavic 3 classic is only 400 ft

Have you missed the setting on the Mavic 3 Classic to change the max elevation?
120m is the factory default, which is easily changed in settings to 500m.
It should have the same 500m max elevation limit as all the other drones, with a 1000m capability, when more than 50km from the nearest airport.

Last edited:
Still not able to Load any PIctures on the thread or anywhere else ?

Works just fine for me. Just click on the photo insert icon (square with the mountains inside it) and select your photo.
However, If it is a large pano, there is a max file size (10MB?), so you may have to resize the photo, or provide a link to the pano file uploaded elsewhere.

IMG_7839.jpeg

Last edited:
We were just curious if it would affect flight time once we found out they fit. The ESCs adjust for the larger props. We actually found that the motors ran colder with the bigger props, which somewhat makes sense. We still won't recommend trying it at home.

Reactions: GFields and Torque
Works just fine for me. Just click on the photo insert icon (square with the mountains inside it) and select your photo.
However, If it is a large pano, there is a max file size (10MB?), so you may have to resize the photo, or provide a link to the pano file uploaded elsewhere.

View attachment 166658
Osprey and Speckled Trout. Two favorites. That's a wonderful photograph. It caught the right moment and it's tack sharp.

I think I've seen two videos now where they used the rear Mavic 3 props on the rear of the Air 3 and I wondered what the long term consequences would be, just as Old Man Mavic mentioned. However I was really tempted to try a flight with the mixed props...lol.
There are different props available for my Matrice 30 - regular ones and another set made for high elevations. DJI says to limit the use of the high elevation set since it will shorten the life of the motors.
So, putting larger props in your Air 3 doesn't actually make it more efficient since the work required to produce the same amount of lift is the same. If the motors run at a lower speed because the props are larger, the motors still have to expend almost the same amount of energy to create the same amount of lift. I'll admit slower speeds will provide a bit of gain since there is less drag from the props themselves, but I don't see any real benefit in the long run - plus the added load on the motors will shorten their lives.
I'd really like to see more research/testing with the new toroidal props. Their greater efficiency could really be a game changer for us drone flyers.

The Sound of the Air 3 Drone is Awesome, very nice tone, may not even swtich to Master Screw props.
Zones and Alt levels same as the Mavic 3 pro at 500 Meters The Mavic 3 classic is only 400 ft

This is what I noticed first , how Fast it Delivered a Pano compared to the Mavic 3 Pro
This is the Result Cropped of the Pano , I think they need a little Tweaking at this early stage on the Assembly

I cant post the Picture on the Forum as it keeps saying the FILE IS TO LARGE ??

You can see the Problem in the Trees , almost looks like a Reptillian.

View attachment 166659

Something is wrong with the Picture Size not loading anything.

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly your Air 3 in the Rain. Land on the Wate Capture the Storm .
Post the pano on Kuula: #1 Virtual Tour Software for everyone

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes , that red circle is where the issues are showing up. Im waiting on my second order so I can compare some things to see if its just the drone or a stitching algo that needs updated .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Krrr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard