DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s My first hyperlapse

Zeke

Reactions
There's some room for improvement but I shot some footage over the weekend that I finally got to put together. Not knowing much about photography I'm at the mercy of the YouTube experts, and I'm learning that some are definitely more "expert" than others. 😜

There's some room for improvement but I shot some footage over the weekend that I finally got to put together. Not knowing much about photography I'm at the mercy of the YouTube experts, and I'm learning that some are definitely more "expert" than others. 😜

I believe you might have followed one of the day to night hyperlapse videos on you tube.? Which one or where did you learn this?

DaleScreen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.34.20 AM.png

Reactions: Puck Acorn
I believe you might have followed one of the day to night hyperlapse videos on you tube.? Which one or where did you learn this?

DaleView attachment 155538
Actually, the only one of these that I've watched is the droneXfactor one - and while I love the guy and like some of his other videos, his recommendation to run a dark ND filter and raise the ISO so far was a bust. This just didn't make sense to me (especially the ISO suggestion) so I flew one set with his recommendations and flew another with the ISO back at 100 and and ND 4 filter for just a but more blur. That's what's in the video. The blending was simple, I just set both identical tracks above each other, cut them at the same place, then used a dissolve to transition.

I'd love to do a longer flight but these batteries pretty much suck. Using waypoints, I had 450 frames in each flight and it was about the max I could do.

Reactions: pgenneken
Bravo! Bravo!
Please post your settings, and other particulars.
Very interested in learning.
Again, quite impressive.
Thanks
LOL I guess I should start paying closer attention to these things. I shot both in Pro mode, but I didn't change much from the auto settings since I'm still not sure what everything does (I just figured out how useful the histogram is). Both were shot in RAW, 4k. I used an ND 32 filter for the day shot, and I went with an ND 4 for the night shot. I just ordered some VND's, I think it'll be much easier to see which setting to use when that installed. I think I probably flew a little too high (~340') and lost some detail, next time I'll definitely go lower. Being a newbie to photography, I'm honestly still playing with settings to learn what everything does, so any credit goes to the drone more than me. :)

Right now I'm adding color and editing in Filmora, mainly because it's what I started with and I don't want to pay Adobe a monthly fee for a hobby.

Smooth hyperlapse! Just something relaxing about traffic in a time lapse sequence. Looks great when executed well, which this sequence nails. Excellent job.

Tried this with a straight line flight path at constant altitude (125 ft.). It was a little breezy so the horizon had a "bounce" to it. Next time I attempt this I'll introduce a altitude change just to keep the shot a little more dynamic. It's good to see you didn't experience this issue.

Filmora is a sweet and simple editor but you may want to have a look at the free version of DaVinci Resolve. It is a VAST piece of software. If your hardware is up to the task it performs quite well although the free version only allows for 2K output (which works better for YouTube than the 1080P YT template). Worth a download to see if it works for you. Been using the NEAT de-noise plugin to clean up MA2 low light stuff. Check it out.

Reactions: Zeke
LOL I guess I should start paying closer attention to these things. I shot both in Pro mode, but I didn't change much from the auto settings since I'm still not sure what everything does (I just figured out how useful the histogram is). Both were shot in RAW, 4k. I used an ND 32 filter for the day shot, and I went with an ND 4 for the night shot. I just ordered some VND's, I think it'll be much easier to see which setting to use when that installed. I think I probably flew a little too high (~340') and lost some detail, next time I'll definitely go lower. Being a newbie to photography, I'm honestly still playing with settings to learn what everything does, so any credit goes to the drone more than me. :)

Right now I'm adding color and editing in Filmora, mainly because it's what I started with and I don't want to pay Adobe a monthly fee for a hobby.
Thanks for getting back to me with the info. Looks like we are both at about the same experience level. This info will help a lot. Thanks again! Safe flying!

Reactions: Zeke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_