DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first kayaking vid--fulfilling a dream

Nonprophet

Reactions
The intersection of the natural world and artistic creativity have long inspired my love of paddling and the visual arts. It has been a dream of mine for many years to start making films about my paddling adventures. As much as I was fascinated by the footage acquired by drones--a perspective that nothing else can capture--I relish the peace and tranquility of the outdoors and I struggled with the noise and disturbance that drones can create. Recently, much more quiet models have become available, which now allow for a relatively quiet and less intrusive drone flight.
And so, I have taken the plunge....
My primary use of my MA2 will be to chronicle my paddling adventures, and so honing my flying skills over and near water are essential.
While not yet finished--it yet needs a million little edits, tweaks, and fixes--I wanted to share with you all my very first paddling film. I still have much to learn, but I'm happy with the way this turned out and I hope you enjoy it, it warms my heart to share this with you......

Note: Just edited and updated :)

Sparks Lake at Dawn

Last edited:
The intersection of the natural world and artistic creativity have long inspired my love of paddling and the visual arts. It has been a dream of mine for many years to start making films about my paddling adventures. As much as I was fascinated by the footage acquired by drones--a perspective that nothing else can capture--I relish the peace and tranquility of the outdoors and I struggled with the noise and disturbance that drones can create. Recently, much more quiet models have become available, which now allow for a relatively quiet and less intrusive drone flight.
My primary use of my MA2 will be to chronicle my paddling adventures, and so honing my flying skills over and near water are essential.
While not yet finished--it yet needs a million little edits, tweaks, and fixes--I wanted to share with you all my very first paddling film. I still have much to learn, but I'm happy with the way this turned out and I hope you enjoy it, it warms my heart to share this with you......

Sparks Lake at Dawn
captivating ?⚽️?

Gotta love Oregon! So many wonderful places to visit.

This video was superb and the music (what is it by the way?) was perfect.

I've found that when inserting stills in my videos, if I use the Ken Burns effect, the still integrate much more smoothly. Just a suggestion.

Bottom line, Great flying, Great filming and Great Editing. Thanks for sharing this.

I, too, loved this video. However, I found that it became redundant, with repeated scenes after about 2-2 1/2 minutes. The scenery is gorgeous, the flying excellent. I noted that you took great advantage of the circle intelligent flight mode I believe I don't have a Mavic Air 2), and the two or three (lost count) panoramas were beautiful. The sound track was a perfect match. Sounds like you were on Native Lands. I would have removed the redundant clips and it would still be a wonderful film.

Sparks Lake at Dawn
Very beautiful. We you taking off and landing from your canoe? If so, manual or auto landing?

Great video and some amazing scenery! As noted above, some Ken Burns effect on the stills might blend them in a bit more with the other video shots. The stills of the tip of the canoe and the panoramic views are very good.
On the video, some of the shots that were slowed down as you pan across seem like they were shot at 30fps and then slowed down, so a little jittery as opposed to shooting at a higher frame rate and then slowing down. Overall, looks awesome! Nice work.

Reactions: Nonprophet
Beautiful nature!

Reactions: Nonprophet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest