DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first movie!

JoostGT3

Reactions
Footage taken last thursdag in the area where I live. Total noob with video editing, so be gentle with me! Shot and edited all in 4k, only to realize that windows movie maker does not export to 4k... :-(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like it! One or two transitions seemed to be only because of the music not to a different view which made them feel unnecessary.

Reactions: JoostGT3
So as I was desperate to fly last weekend, despite strong gusty winds, I took it out at the end of the morning, just before the real rains started. Had a nice (but cold) half hour of flying and some decent footage. Deceided to purchase Adobe Premiere Elements 15 and am already liking it a lot. Here's my first trial with the new software:

It seems something went wrong though; I selected the option to export it as 4k video, but the quality looks horrible, and youtube says I can only view it at 720p max... what am I doing wrong? Really bummed, because the original footage is as crisp as can be!

So as I was desperate to fly last weekend, despite strong gusty winds, I took it out at the end of the morning, just before the real rains started. Had a nice (but cold) half hour of flying and some decent footage. Deceided to purchase Adobe Premiere Elements 15 and am already liking it a lot. Here's my first trial with the new software:

It seems something went wrong though; I selected the option to export it as 4k video, but the quality looks horrible, and youtube says I can only view it at 720p max... what am I doing wrong? Really bummed, because the original footage is as crisp as can be!

Youtube takes time to analyze your video and create every resolution for playback.
Plays 4K for me. Takes time just wait it out. Looks crisp. Looks like a shot with no filters, really good sharpness.
When you export, 4K youtube needs 40mbit for the bitrate.
You can export higher like 50-60 but youtube will convert it to 40.
Mavic records with 60, so don't go higher than that.

Youtube takes time to analyze your video and create every resolution for playback.
Plays 4K for me. Takes time just wait it out. Looks crisp. Looks like a shot with no filters, really good sharpness.
When you export, 4K youtube needs 40mbit for the bitrate.
You can export higher like 50-60 but youtube will convert it to 40.
Mavic records with 60, so don't go higher than that.

Thanks for your feedback!
Yeah, I now see the 4k option as well, but I still see a lot of compression artifacts. (Did shoot with a CP filter btw!)
I found that the compression artifacts are already there after rendering, prior to uploading to youtube... I'll have to play around with settings in Premiere to see where these artefacts came from and how to avoid them in the future. Any hints about that?

Thanks for your feedback!
Yeah, I now see the 4k option as well, but I still see a lot of compression artifacts. (Did shoot with a CP filter btw!)
I found that the compression artifacts are already there after rendering, prior to uploading to youtube... I'll have to play around with settings in Premiere to see where these artefacts came from and how to avoid them in the future. Any hints about that?

Make sure to export with at least 40 mbit for youtube.
The default setting might be lower so you have to adjust.
I do see the artifacts, and it could be the low bitrate, or digital sharpness added in post? If you did that or added some effect on the footage?

Thanks for the feedback.
I did not add any sharpness and exported in the "computer" 4k setting. Will have a look at what that entails.
The only after effect that I added is a little bit of zoom to one of the scenes, as the horizon was not entirely horizontal. I rotated the clip a bit and zoomed in to avoid the black cropped corners. When I then did a preview, the program started to render the entire project, and after that the quality was "different", I believe for the entire film, rather than just the edited clip... maybe there something went wrong!

Do you know if it is possible to "un-re-render" these clips? :)
Thanks for the effort mate, appreciated!
Cheers Joost

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC