DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first real attempt at editing for YouTube

JonnyBenson

Reactions
Hi.

This is my first real attempt at editing a video for YouTube.

Filmed in Cardiff, South Wales with my Mavic, edited with the free version of DaVinci Resolve 14.

Still a lot to learn and improve both in the flying and the editing, but i'm kind of happy with it for the first one.

Wow, great shots and great video!! Looked pretty windy, its amazing how stable the Mavic stays.
Thanks. It wasn't windy though, probably looks like the flags and trees are blowing faster because i changed the speed of certain clips [emoji4]

Nice video. How did you get permission to fly over city centre?

Thanks. I had no permission, but I was using the drone assist app and I was only in a yellow caution area with a pedestrian hazard. I'm aware as a newbie I may have flouted the rules slightly, but in my opinion the only time I pushed those rules was when I flew passed the clock. I always had it in sight and was no higher than 120m. Obviously I realise its a huge city as I go there a lot, but that part where I chose to fly I wouldn't class that as a built up area. At a guess I'd say 90% of flying time I was over a large grassy area or trees.

As a new flyer I'm always willing to listen to more experienced pilots and listen to their views. I'm not one of the many idiots out there that don't care and break the rules constantly. I want to be doing this for many years and I'd love to hear others opinions on this so that I can learn and get better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22