DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Gimble needs help

There is some success here. I have the gimble working but still no video.
I checked and reseated the center servo connector and camera video cable connectors. I couldn't tell if that was the problem, so I inspected the connectors on the board very carefully and there appeared to be a film like wiped sealant over a few pins. I pulled that off, finished the job and the gimble is functioning.
Now video. Any suggestions on testing?
Does the ball move in the app when you move the mav around? It indicates the motion sensor in the camera is working.
Just wondering if it actually did record a photo, when it makes the camera photo sound.
If something is wrong pushing the record or take photo will lockup in the app and can't be controlled.

Idk bud. I think it’s either the gimbal itself,
Which means motors.
I bought the gimbal assembly with ribbon cable off eBay recently for $35 US dollars.
The gimbal control board if bad would prevent video/ pics as well
The gimble appears to work otherwise. IE, I can move it up/down with the app and it POT moves in all directions and stops facing forward. It just doesn't seem to want to calibrate.

Does the ball move in the app when you move the mav around? It indicates the motion sensor in the camera is working.
If something is wrong pushing the record or take photo will lockup in the app and can't be controlled.

Haven't watched that. When I touch the screen and get a ball with arrows it does not move the gimble. If I touch the slider it goes up and down. But when I move the AC around the gimble appears like it is working to keep the camera straight ahead.
Hum, that may be strange as now I am thinking about it, the slider looks like is should be for the focus since it has a flower on the bottom and ∞ on the top.

Pushing the photo/video button does nothing, it won't switch. Pressing the shutter button appears to take a picture, but I have not found it yet. I have to recharge my battery and check some more.

Haven't watched that. When I touch the screen and get a ball with arrows it does not move the gimble. If I touch the slider it goes up and down. But when I move the AC around the gimble appears like it is working to keep the camera straight ahead.
Hum, that may be strange as now I am thinking about it, the slider looks like is should be for the focus since it has a flower on the bottom and ∞ on the top.

Pushing the photo/video button does nothing, it won't switch. Pressing the shutter button appears to take a picture, but I have not found it yet. I have to recharge my battery and check some more.
Watch the ball when you move the mav itself.

Sounds like a connection is still broken...may need to inspect it closer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98