DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My M3 Issues have all Cleared with new Firmware

Illuminance depends only on the sensor size and aperture. If the I2 has a larger aperture than f2.8 then that will improve illuminance, which will improve IQ, all other things being equal. But IQ also depends on the sensor resolution and photosite efficiency and noise floor - does the I2 use the exact same sensor, not just the same sensor size?
Thank you for another great explanation @sar104 I am sorry but i have no idea if the I2's and the M3's share the same sensor. I am sure those with I2's will say if they read this.

A P4P weighs about the same as a Mavic, a bit more. And I wouldn’t call it it too terribly hard to transport or set up. Now the I2, yes that’s a pain, that’s why I sold mine, but I find my P4P easy to set up and transport will never sell it.

Technology has its limitations, I don’t see myself ever buying another drone in the Mavic style. For me it’s all about the camera and sensor, they could make a 40 Mega pixel camera, or make an 8k camera, neither would come close in tempting me to buy the M4. Can’t go full frame in a Mavic, don’t need full frame anyways, can’t make the camera that big, and even if they add optical zoom it’s still a miniaturized compact design which will always have too many limitations. Zoom lenses will never be as good as Prime lenses.

Let’s face the facts, a lot of people who just bought this M3 waisted their money. Anyone who doesn’t know how to do digital panning cropping and zooming waisted their money when they bought this drone. Under most circumstances I can’t tell the difference between Mavic mini video and M3 video on YouTube. The differences are not apparent till we crop the video, and I rarely see drone video that’s been cropped.

There is no way to improve this M3, I’m not about to drop another $3k on a drone just to get 8k or more MP, and not interested in using optical zoom lenses, had one for my x5s used it 3 times, you don’t need optical zoom when the camera has 4k res and you know how to do smoother digital zooms in post.

The next drone I buy will be comparable to the Phantom airframe, have a 4/3rds or even full frame sensor, and will have interchangeable lenses.
Wow.and here I thought this was settled , put simply if you do not like a folding drone then that is your choice.
The weight of the phantom was not being discussed ,it is the portability with the folding legs.which by the way
are here to stay.Your so called fantasy drone you mentioned at the end well i'm sorry to say will never happen. That's
what the inspire series is for.Go order that 15 thousand dollar Sony that just came out.And now comparing mini
vidio to the M3 vidio which you can't ,not even going to go there with that comment.Getting back to the M3,if you don't want it then do not get it.When this drone meaning the M3 has finally had time to mature you will be in a nice way eating your words.This is brand new technology
so remember that,give DJI some credit for having the guts to put a 4/3 sensor in a folding form factor drone.
I bet when or if the Autel Evo3 comes out ,they will have a 4/3 size sensor in it as well.Going back a step to the mini ,and M3 comparison
on youtube of all things.Show us on here side by side photos and vidio comparisons of the mavic mini and a 3 to 5 thousand dollar drone.
And closing here 1.The phantom form factor is dead and no more period. 2.Obviously what I mentioned about the portability and carrying
around & bag or backpack for hiking,climbing and or walking or whatever else did not sink in.
Only way to get what you really want is to build it.
Done.

The x5s isn’t capable of shooting RAW video, even with DNG or pro res license not that I’m aware of? The x7 can. What we need is the x5s set to F2.8 verses the M3 at F2.8, I’d be very interested in seeing that comparison since I sold my I2 and can’t do it myself. Can you make it happen? Don’t use pro res in the comparison, or make 2 comparisons of both.

X5S actually does shoot Cinema DNG RAW. I use it a lot. It is my go to for low light where I cannot fly a RED or Sony. You're thinking of ProRes RAW which is only on the X7. I will see if I can do a comparison between the X5S and the M3C.

Wow.and here I thought this was settled , put simply if you do not like a folding drone then that is your choice.
The weight of the phantom was not being discussed ,it is the portability with the folding legs.which by the way
are here to stay.Your so called fantasy drone you mentioned at the end well i'm sorry to say will never happen. That's
what the inspire series is for.Go order that 15 thousand dollar Sony that just came out.And now comparing mini
vidio to the M3 vidio which you can't ,not even going to go there with that comment.Getting back to the M3,if you don't want it then do not get it.When this drone meaning the M3 has finally had time to mature you will be in a nice way eating your words.This is brand new technology
so remember that,give DJI some credit for having the guts to put a 4/3 sensor in a folding form factor drone.
I bet when or if the Autel Evo3 comes out ,they will have a 4/3 size sensor in it as well.Going back a step to the mini ,and M3 comparison
on youtube of all things.Show us on here side by side photos and vidio comparisons of the mavic mini and a 3 to 5 thousand dollar drone.
And closing here 1.The phantom form factor is dead and no more period. 2.Obviously what I mentioned about the portability and carrying
around & bag or backpack for hiking,climbing and or walking or whatever else did not sink in.
Only way to get what you really want is to build it.
Done.
That kinda reads like a rant. You know what I’m going to do just for kicks, make a video with my spark tell everyone I shot it with the M3 see if anyone can tell the difference lol. The M3 is a nice little drone which is why I bought it, but I highly doubt I will buy another Mavic, the only reason I bought the M3 was for that sensor, and for no other reason… I am not a fan of the Mavic airframe, a lot of people aren’t, a lot of people are.

There are already Phantom style drones with 4/3rd camera and interchangeable lenses, and when it gets perfected in the next year or so I’ll buy it and sell this M3 for scrap. I’m no fan of DJI, but, this is a nice little point and shoot camera.

I don’t need a compact foldable drone, which is why this was the first and last one I will ever buy.

Reactions: Point Zero
X5S actually does shoot Cinema DNG RAW. I use it a lot. It is my go to for low light where I cannot fly a RED or Sony. You're thinking of ProRes RAW which is only on the X7. I will see if I can do a comparison between the X5S and the M3C.
Ya pro res raw I was thinking of, sorry. I nearly went for the x7 to get it. Never really considered the DNG license the files are outrageous so I’ve read.

Yes I’m very curious to see the test when you get a chance to do it. I’d really like to see the M3 and x5s using the DJI 15mm lens in a show down at F2.8.

That kinda reads like a rant. You know what I’m going to do just for kicks, make a video with my spark tell everyone I shot it with the M3 see if anyone can tell the difference lol. The M3 is a nice little drone which is why I bought it, but I highly doubt I will buy another Mavic, the only reason I bought the M3 was for that sensor, and for no other reason… I am not a fan of the Mavic airframe, a lot of people aren’t, a lot of people are.

There are already Phantom style drones with 4/3rd camera and interchangeable lenses, and when it gets perfected in the next year or so I’ll buy it and sell this M3 for scrap. I’m no fan of DJI, but, this is a nice little point and shoot camera.

I don’t need a compact foldable drone, which is why this was the first and last one I will ever buy.
Ok,but I kinda see it the other way around with the ranting,knock yourself out with your video.
Maybe your eyes are different than everybody else,and I will leave that part of it alone.
i am calling this thread all done.No getting through to you ,then so be it.
This thread is done for me.kindly stop replying to my posts,and I will do the same.

Quick question for anyone familiar with this Fly App. I tried Google but nothing is there specific to the M3. Anyways, exactly how do we get into these flight modes that came on this new update? And I take it we’re still waiting for the 1080 200 FPS?

The x5s isn’t capable of shooting RAW video, even with DNG or pro res license not that I’m aware of? The x7 can. What we need is the x5s set to F2.8 verses the M3 at F2.8, I’d be very interested in seeing that comparison since I sold my I2 and can’t do it myself. Can you make it happen? Don’t use pro res in the comparison, or make 2 comparisons of both.
You sure about that?

Attachments

• D7554FFC-24B0-422E-9F31-448D5099C0E7.jpeg
    D7554FFC-24B0-422E-9F31-448D5099C0E7.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 12
Any quantifiable evidence to show that Mavic 3's low light performance is bad? Maybe a side-by-side comparison with another drone/camera of the same price range?
The low light is actually quite exceptional for me. The only issue I'm having is the constant disconnects from RC PRO. I've tried every fix in the book.

The only fix so far are two things. When I fly it right at 400 ft and use the three batteries that came with it. The Fourth battery I bought separately and the connection to the RC Pro is nearly constant.

The wobbliness in Mastershot mode doesn't occur for me fortunately.

Reactions: Point Zero
The low light is actually quite exceptional for me. The only issue I'm having is the constant disconnects from RC PRO. I've tried every fix in the book.

The only fix so far are two things. When I fly it right at 400 ft and use the three batteries that came with it. The Fourth battery I bought separately and the connection to the RC Pro is nearly constant.

The wobbliness in Mastershot mode doesn't occur for me fortunately.
Update on the drone disconnects - So, it turned out to be the new remote I received. I returned my remote to Best Buy and got another one, disconnects solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki