DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My map is greyed out! How can I fix this?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
As many of you know, I have been away from drone for several months, doing a big trip to the Middle East without a drone, then 5 weeks of editing the video. The drone has not been turned on for at least 2 months.

So yesterday and today I took it outside and started it up. I have the original M3, It flew ok but I kept in near. My Mapo in the lower left corner never appeared. It stayed greyed out. If I pressed on it, it would show the streets or satellite views, etc. but when I took off my finger from the RC Pro screen, it went grey.

I checked the firmware and everything was out of date as of April 25. So I installed a new DJI Assistant for consumer drones v 2.1.15, upgraded the RC Pro from V 03.01.1200 to V.03.02,100, and the aircraft version also to the newest firmware.

I still did not get a map.

I called DJI Support and got a dead end support guy who I hung up on, and called back and got another guy who pt me on hold for 5 minutes and told me he needed to "escalate" the issue and I would be receiving an e-mail with the correction steps. He did not explain what was going on.

Can anyone help me with this?

Bottom line- NO MAP I(greyed out) and all firmware up to date.If I press the screen the map will show, but if I remove my finger, it grays out.

Dale
Miami

As many of you know, I have been away from drone for several months, doing a big trip to the Middle East without a drone, then 5 weeks of editing the video. The drone has not been turned on for at least 2 months.

So yesterday and today I took it outside and started it up. I have the original M3, It flew ok but I kept in near. My Mapo in the lower left corner never appeared. It stayed greyed out. If I pressed on it, it would show the streets or satellite views, etc. but when I took off my finger from the RC Pro screen, it went grey.

I checked the firmware and everything was out of date as of April 25. So I installed a new DJI Assistant for consumer drones v 2.1.15, upgraded the RC Pro from V 03.01.1200 to V.03.02,100, and the aircraft version also to the newest firmware.

I still did not get a map.

I called DJI Support and got a dead end support guy who I hung up on, and called back and got another guy who pt me on hold for 5 minutes and told me he needed to "escalate" the issue and I would be receiving an e-mail with the correction steps. He did not explain what was going on.

Can anyone help me with this?

Bottom line- NO MAP I(greyed out) and all firmware up to date.If I press the screen the map will show, but if I remove my finger, it grays out.

Dale
Miami
This sounds like the "altitude layer problem" that others have complained about.

You're a genius! It worked! The DJI people are FOS.The Mavic Pilots are the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
I wish DJI would allow it to be unchecked by default, an annoying feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett