DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 2 Pro Crashed

If you are going to make a snarky comment on a post then you should read the whole thing. As I said in my post, the drone was flying 90 degrees from the wind direction. Also, like is said, i fly my I1 in ATTI mode all the time so I know what it feels like.

I’m not being snarky - I am asking a genuine question. Without gps what can the FC do to hold position and / Rth?

The moment the wind gets it (and in a confined steep sided are like a canyon the wind will swirl - it won’t be a constant direction) it will be off and you will have to fight it baring in mind the ever changing wind conditions.

I’m not being snarky - I am asking a genuine question. Without gps what can the FC do to hold position and / Rth?

The moment the wind gets it (and in a confined steep sided are like a canyon the wind will swirl - it won’t be a constant direction) it will be off and you will have to fight it baring in mind the ever changing wind conditions.
You are one of those guys that assumes that nobody knows as much as you. I have been flying for many years and if you read my post you could have assumed that I know what I am talking about. As I flew it toward me, if I let go of the sticks, it would try to head for the wall again even when it got close to me with the wind in my face (the wind was not that strong either to produce that kind of erratic movement). It was not the wind producing the erratic movement. BTW Danny please dont reply to my post. I am interested in positive feedback. Thank you.

You are one of those guys that assumes that nobody knows as much as you. I have been flying for many years and if you read my post you could have assumed that I know what I am talking about. As I flew it toward me, if I let go of the sticks, it would try to head for the wall again even when it got close to me with the wind in my face (the wind was not that strong either to produce that kind of erratic movement). It was not the wind producing the erratic movement. BTW Danny please dont reply to my post. I am interested in positive feedback. Thank you.

I don’t think I know more than other people but in Atti mode you can’t let go of the sticks as the drone cannot hold position. It will drift if you stop telling it otherwise as it has no means of applying automatic compensation.

That said you’re right, I am merely speculating. If you want to get to the bottom of what went wrong and whether it was a hardware fault best thing to do is post the flight log and ask someone like @sar104 or @Meta4 to interpret the data.

They really do know what they are talking about unlike uncouth peasants such as me :)

As I flew it toward me, if I let go of the sticks, it would try to head for the wall again even when it got close to me with the wind in my face (the wind was not that strong either to produce that kind of erratic movement). It was not the wind producing the erratic movement. .. I am interested in positive feedback.
If you are interested to know what was going on, the answer is probably in the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

There maybe something DJI could add that may help when GPS cuts out. About 10 years ago, in the RC heli world, there were companies selling an optical horizon based stabilization system. It had crude cameras that would attempt to keep the heli level and buy time for the RC pilot to regain orientation and hopefully control. Such a system would not prevent drift but it would slow it down a tad lol...

There maybe something DJI could add that may help when GPS cuts out. About 10 years ago, in the RC heli world, there were companies selling an optical horizon based stabilization system. It had crude cameras that would attempt to keep the heli level and buy time for the RC pilot to regain orientation and hopefully control. Such a system would not prevent drift but it would slow it down a tad lol...

What system was that Steve? Can’t recall seeing it but sounds interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SokmaN_cy