DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic Air Crash

Anh Do

Reactions
yesterday I flew my mavic air and it's disconnect because the signal is weak, the drone automatically returned to my home and then the aircraft hover in the air for about 5 minutes near somebody houses, but I can't connect it back so the wind push my air into another house windows and then is crash and fall! Not many visible damage on my air just some little scratches and scruff marks, especially on the upper top. My question is why my remote control is not able to reconnect? I can't do anything just waiting for the batteries to empty but unfortunately is crash to the neighbourhoods house. This is my first crash, I feel so bad for my drone, I haven't experienced this on my previous dji spark, when I lost signal it automatically reconnect! I use iphone 7 plus with cable plugged on the remote control.

That's the thing, you cannot expect it to always automatically reconnect. Sometimes the remote will disconnect and won't reconnect, and you need this to be part of your planning for where you take off from and what is around you. If you are planning for a RC/AC disconnect to automatically reconnect, you've set yourself up for failure. Also, your RTH settings sound off, because it should land.

The rth might not have landed because the ground was unsuitable However it would have been a few feet from the ground.

Sometimes the controller will not auto reconnect so you have to reboot the controller to regain control.

I practice flying in my subdivision, I've got a field out back so there's mostly where I fly If I start to get warnings about interference I turn around. Don't push the craft if you're in a tight environment.

Another 'trick' don't take off unless you've got good gps signals and approx 10 satellite.
My other trick when flying near a building is take off, fly 10ft or more away and then manually set the rth point. This way if there's a problem it won't try and land on my roof (again) ill just have to go walk and get it. I'd also get into the habit of practicing your rth Get used to what happens while it's coming back under a rth button push. It's a good start.

The rth might not have landed because the ground was unsuitable However it would have been a few feet from the ground.

Sometimes the controller will not auto reconnect so you have to reboot the controller to regain control.

I practice flying in my subdivision, I've got a field out back so there's mostly where I fly If I start to get warnings about interference I turn around. Don't push the craft if you're in a tight environment.

Another 'trick' don't take off unless you've got good gps signals and approx 10 satellite.
My other trick when flying near a building is take off, fly 10ft or more away and then manually set the rth point. This way if there's a problem it won't try and land on my roof (again) ill just have to go walk and get it. I'd also get into the habit of practicing your rth Get used to what happens while it's coming back under a rth button push. It's a good start.

I got 10 satellite already, also the weather condition is great

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada