DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my mavic air is very noisy even in iso 100

pinpin0999

Reactions
can anyone help me how to shoot without noisy in dark part my this video? in original file footage the dark sides is very noisy too much grainy.. how can I fix this in settings.. don't have filters yet and I always shoot in iso 100 and If I remember my shutterspeed is 1/1600 the style is 0,-1,-1 and wb is sunny...

Wow, that is a very nice shot! Where was that? Also, what resolution and frame rate were you shooting at?

Your options for fixing this in post-processing will involve some loss of detail. In your case, I would sharpen and de-noise.

Wow, that is a very nice shot! Where was that? Also, what resolution and frame rate were you shooting at?

Your options for fixing this in post-processing will involve some loss of detail. In your case, I would sharpen and de-noise.
Im shooting at 1080p 30fps.. that place is from las palmas spain roque nublo.. hehe

Your other option to get rid of noise is to darken the dark areas more, but that would all but ruin the shot.

For what it's worth, try reshooting in UHD (2160p) with the full knowledge that you will downscale to 1080p. That will give you more pixel data to work with when you use any noise reduction tool.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and Kilrah
Your other option to get rid of noise is to darken the dark areas more, but that would all but ruin the shot.

For what it's worth, try reshooting in UHD (2160p) with the full knowledge that you will downscale to 1080p. That will give you more pixel data to work with when you use any noise reduction tool.
Ok sir i will try to shoot in 2k or more lets see whats the result tnx sir

Nothing wrong with your MA imho but overexposure. There is so much light; it's a pretty hard exercice !
Use an ND filter and reduce EV and you'd get better results i suppose.

In shots with bright sun and shadows, it’s difficult, if not impossible to compose a shot without using some sort of ND filter. To properly expose the bright sunny conditions in the shot you composed, the shutter speed is running at 1/1600, which is too fast for the sensor to also capture the details in the shadows, resulting in grain. In this shot, an ND 32 or 64 would have allowed the shutter speed to be decreased to 1/60ish for example, which would also allow more of the detail from the area in shadow to be captured by the sensor, resulting in less grainy footage.

Edit: Adding the below footage.

Here is an example of how shutter speed in high contrast situations can effect noise levels. I am still learning how to compose with my MA, and I should have used a ND32 or ND64, instead of the ND16 I did use, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
In shots with bright sun and shadows, it’s difficult, if not impossible to compose a shot without using some sort of ND filter. To properly expose the bright sunny conditions in the shot you composed, the shutter speed is running at 1/1600, which is too fast for the sensor to also capture the details in the shadows, resulting in grain. In this shot, an ND 32 or 64 would have allowed the shutter speed to be decreased to 1/60ish for example, which would also allow more of the detail from the area in shadow to be captured by the sensor, resulting in less grainy footage.

Edit: Adding the below footage.

Here is an example of how shutter speed in high contrast situations can effect noise levels. I am still learning how to compose with my MA, and I should have used a ND32 or ND64, instead of the ND16 I did use, but you get the idea.

Thank you very much for the full details im searching some filters in my place but nothing and amazon wont allowed to ship here in canary island sad.. :(

I could be wrong but a basic ND filter does not improve shadow detail, it reduces the amount of light coming through so that the shutter speed gets reduced for smoother footage. Unless you’re talking about graduated ND filters, that are darkest on top and clear on bottom

I could be wrong but a basic ND filter does not improve shadow detail, it reduces the amount of light coming through so that the shutter speed gets reduced for smoother footage. Unless you’re talking about graduated ND filters, that are darkest on top and clear on bottom

That is what I had always understood as well. However my experience with the MA thus far is that when filming in really bright sunny conditions with areas of shadow, the MA is unable to capture any of the shadow areas without noticeable grain if I properly expose the bright portion of the footage, even if its not actually clipping the blacks the MA does not handle low light well (AKA loads of grain). If I add an ND filter, which allows me to reduce the shutter speed to optimal settings (double the frame rate) and the footage is slightly overexposed (but not clipping the whites) I have found that it significantly reduces the grain in the shadows. My anecdotal evidence is that the ND filter reduces the brightest portion of the photo (it darkens all portions), allowing for a reduced shutter speed, and I am able to reduce the shutter speed until I am a stop over exposed, I have found that with D-Cinelike, this is the sweet spot for the most dynamic range captured in the footage without excessive clipping. If I shoot D-Cinelike at the appropriate exposure, often the shadows are grainy.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the full details im searching some filters in my place but nothing and amazon wont allowed to ship here in canary island sad.. :(
I looked and found that Polar Pro and Freewell both ship to the Canary Islands (on my bucket list to visit :) ). I Personally purchased the Bright Day 4-pack from Freewell, as the Polarized ND 8, 16, 32, & 64 set seemed the most useful for everyday use. The smaller Polar Pro sets come with ND 4, 8, 16 and to get a 32 & 64 you have to buy the complete 11 filter set for $250 USD :eek:.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada