DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic is Perfect!

Happy to join the club.
Never had any problems with my Mavic either. Works perfectly update after update. Ive been using an IPhone 7 plus with mine.

Reactions: hookalakupua
If we keep getting responses like this, we'll no longer be considered Special! haha Thanks for posting everyone as great to see another side of the coin. Lets hope all of our collective good fortune stays the same!

Reactions: scooot
Well I know that statement is relative but given all the posts and discussions about things that are wrong for people, I decided to start something for those with a fortunately better experience.

I received my MP about a month ago and it hasn't given me a single issue since. It fly's straight, the camera is amazing and it behaves as it's supposed to. It's allowed me to do things I never dreamed and in all my years, it's probably my single greatest purchase in regard to toys/fun. I look forward to flying it everyday and even when I was a bonehead and thought I lost it, it safely landed itself, allowing me to track its location.

I've flown it miles over water, in all the various modes and it hasn't dropped out of the sky.

If there is one thing I need to check, it's the horizon tilt as I can tell I get a little at high speeds when I yaw right or left but I'm not sure if that's a normal thing as I'm a newbie to the craft.

For those that have issues I'm truly sorry and hope you're able to resolve them as the experience with a properly working one is out of this world!

Goggles due to arrive next week even thought I ordered during the 1st initial release. Customer support is a whole different story as we all know! haha

Please return the unit so we can fix this anomaly :D

-Insert evil laugh -

Started off with a dud, gave it to DJI and they swapped it for a working one... which developed mysterious cracks in its top. Every so often it would go into ATTI on its own, or if I accelerated to full in Sport mode.
Fixed both those problems with a single repair, and while it's not exactly a dream come true, it is a very fun drone that's been working fine.

Honestly, I'm starting to think I just imagined it once had a perfectly still vertical and horizontal hover within 10 feet of the ground. So... calling it perfect as it can be.

As with most new tech, people tend to over react. If you think the Mavic has problems and want a good laugh ...head over to the Karma forums, lol.

Had mine about a month now and havent had any issues. Pretty amazing considering that I am using the Galaxy S2 tab or my S7 Edge...both of which have been reported to be troublesome with the Mavic. Oh.......and I even upgraded to the new FW as well!

My experiences have been great and problem free. Benefited greatly and learned heaps from all the videos and comments. Fly with iPhone 6s and use latest updates. Don't quite get why so many bang on about sticking to old software versions and worried about the last pending update, but I respect their reasons. Admittedly I almost quit from my first software update fearing it was stuck, but it got there ok.
I have tried to stay steady and conservative knowing I have an aircraft that could be problematic if not controlled properly. Maybe a bit chicken! Today I whizzed around, did a couple of pre-planned fast manoeuvres, easily landed manually in a reasonably confined spot. Then I realised that just a few months earlier that would have been virtually "mission impossible!" I still see myself as a bit of a beginner, but boy how things have changed. Thanks largely to what you can learn from online videos and generous contributions like this site.
Each flight is a buzz.

My experiences have been great and problem free. Benefited greatly and learned heaps from all the videos and comments. Fly with iPhone 6s and use latest updates. Don't quite get why so many bang on about sticking to old software versions and worried about the last pending update, but I respect their reasons. Admittedly I almost quit from my first software update fearing it was stuck, but it got there ok.
I have tried to stay steady and conservative knowing I have an aircraft that could be problematic if not controlled properly. Maybe a bit chicken! Today I whizzed around, did a couple of pre-planned fast manoeuvres, easily landed manually in a reasonably confined spot. Then I realised that just a few months earlier that would have been virtually "mission impossible!" I still see myself as a bit of a beginner, but boy how things have changed. Thanks largely to what you can learn from online videos and generous contributions like this site.
Each flight is a buzz.

I have had this exact same experience. An amazing little flying machine. The more I fly the more I can't wait to get out again.

Same here. The Mavic is performing wonderfully. It does everything I ask and more! The only problems I have are self-induced, meaning I'm no videographer and there is much to learn. Love it :)

Same here. The Mavic is performing wonderfully. It does everything I ask and more! The only problems I have are self-induced, meaning I'm no videographer and there is much to learn. Love it :)
Am with you on the videographer the flying is the easy part it's getting the camera stuff down right and the editing part right that is all new to me but the flying part I have done lots of rc flying in the past years. love flying the MP

Very happy with mine for about 1.5 months now. I only crashed it once so far. That was because I was backing up out of sight behind a large bush and it was caught in a tree but not one prop was broken, Wish list- need backup collision detection warning.

I just completed testing the wifi modes on iphone 6+ and an ipad air 2. Works as expected.

Best drone I ever owned and I have many, never calibrated it once, 3 months old now and many flights, just got the Galaxy S8+ and no issues with that either.

First drone ( Flown R/C Heli's and fixed wing for years) and my Mavic has been spot on since buying in late March. ( Aircraft build date 17/03/17) .
Fantastic technical ability of this aircraft amazes me still.

Well I know that statement is relative but given all the posts and discussions about things that are wrong for people, I decided to start something for those with a fortunately better experience.

I received my MP about a month ago and it hasn't given me a single issue since. It fly's straight, the camera is amazing and it behaves as it's supposed to. It's allowed me to do things I never dreamed and in all my years, it's probably my single greatest purchase in regard to toys/fun. I look forward to flying it everyday and even when I was a bonehead and thought I lost it, it safely landed itself, allowing me to track its location.

I've flown it miles over water, in all the various modes and it hasn't dropped out of the sky.

If there is one thing I need to check, it's the horizon tilt as I can tell I get a little at high speeds when I yaw right or left but I'm not sure if that's a normal thing as I'm a newbie to the craft.

For those that have issues I'm truly sorry and hope you're able to resolve them as the experience with a properly working one is out of this world!

Goggles due to arrive next week even thought I ordered during the 1st initial release. Customer support is a whole different story as we all know! haha
I guess I'm in this group as well. Have had my MP about 3 months now and not a single problem. I read and followed the instructions and it has been a dream just like my P3S was. Not only that but everyone I've met so far has been super cool about my drone flying. I had to get permission from the Fijian Civil Aeronautics Authority to bring it in the country by once there everybody loved it.

I'm in, all good so far, all updates applied and enjoying the journey and the learning experience.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard