DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro Backpack

RKX

Reactions
I needed something to carry my drone, didn't want to spend huge money on a drone backpack, so I bought an amazon basics DSLR back pack. for 35 CAD It arrived today and I got to work, did a little bottom padding for the drone to raise it higher and hit the securing straps perfectly, also did the same with the remote area, simple 1" foam to raise it. I made compartments for batteries, 2 lens shades, a small parts box, a huge parts box and a spot for a cleaning cloth and sunglasses, I didn't even use the outside pouches or sleeves. In the main sleeve I threw in 1" of foam that padded out the top for protection. On the back there is 2 straps for water bottles, which I will use for my pontoon water kit I have coming in soon. and there is still more room.

I can't say enough for this simple cheap option. while not waterproof it is fully rain proof, and would be even more so with a 5$ rain cover if I so needed one.

For 35 dollars (I've seen similar packs for 25 too) I don't think you can go wrong. everything as you can see in the photo is perfectly snug and secure.

Just thought I would share.

Oh the pack dimensions are 11"x15"x6"

link is here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002VPE1WK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_175130222 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180421_175130222 (Large).jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: ksmusa
Wow.. great job.. looks perfect

Ya I had expected lots of issues with fitment and sliding around, but it's rock solid. I plan to give it a full field test tomorrow when I go flying. :)

Reactions: ToddR
Update: This morning I packed everything up and headed down to the lake, The backpack was perfect, I removed a few things I don't need to carry and I will be adding a thin sheet of mdf wood to the sleeve, something I and whip out and throw on top of the pack or just on the ground in rough terrain for take offs. I also pulled one piece of foam I had put in under the remote, now I can store the remote with the phone still attached as one piece with no issues, It's light, I carried it for a 10k walk to locations and it was pretty comfortable.

Sweet, pleased it has worked well for you. For anyone looking for a purpose built Mavic Pro bag, I can highly recommend the Lowepro Droneguard BP 200 - got mine a couple of weeks ago and dead pleased with it, really good quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d