DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic pro platinum is getting further range than my new mavic 2 pro

So airplane mode gets you better transmission and further range? Does the GPS still work? What version is the dji Go 4 app?
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180930-200317_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20180930-200317_Google Play Store.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 16
I m in the same situation as you too. My mpp flies further than my mp2. My reception jump from full bar to nothing to full bar non stop, like stock market. I put my phone into aeroplane mode helps, then i use the fcc go 4 app then it became flyable. Before, 1 flight i get up to 4 disconnection on less than 1km distance.

However, after fcc boost, i did lost connection at 3km distance, it never got connected for 15 mins no matter what i do, after 15mins then got connected n the bird is just above me. Scary.

I thjnk the fluctuation is because of the duo band. I was about to return my bird then as was so frustrated flying a constant disconnnecting bird which is suppose to be better

I suggest with Mavic 2 dont try any FCC mode/modded app (the FCC mods won't work with Mavic 2 anyway)
Just use the latest Go4 app from the app store. Then set your frequency selections to default. In fact set your whole app to default settings and start from there.

After starting with a new Mavic 2 Pro, deleting the FCC modded NLD app, and installing the newest app from the app store, I am getting at least 3.5km in Sydney with no dropouts and 3 bars signal minimum.

Please wait until the modders have a working FCC mod. Until then just use default software. And make sure you use the LATEST Assistant software off the DJI site to update your quad to the latest firmware before you go flying. The NLD suggested Assistant software version will not work.

I hope this helps other pilots in CE countries.

So airplane mode gets you better transmission and further range? Does the GPS still work? What version is the dji Go 4 app?
Cheers
Heard the bluetooth interfere the most, not sure. Gps will always work, if you want map, think you need to cache first, i dont use map so i am not sure, the arrow direction is good enough for me. I cant tell you the app here, will have to pm you

Reactions: simonhpaton
Heard the bluetooth interfere the most, not sure. Gps will always work, if you want map, think you need to cache first, i dont use map so i am not sure, the arrow direction is good enough for me. I cant tell you the app here, will have to pm you
I put transmission in manual mode yesterday. Firstly manual mode in 10 ghz. Then in 20 ghz. I am in the inner suburbs and found the 10 ghz channel was best. I'm now going to try auto mode then 10 ghz and then 20 ghz.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR