DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic's Camera is broken

mschwind200

Reactions
My Mavic was hit with a soccer by my brother "accidentally" a few months ago. No damage occurred at the time. However, recently (about 2 weeks ago) I noticed that the camera upon startup would flick up and down and up and down and then turn COMPLETELY to the left, like looking at the inside of itself. (hard to explain) It also gets INCREDIBLY hot within seconds, so much so that I touched it stupidly and burnt myself. I contacted DJI and they said to retrieve the flight logs and send them to them, I also was told that sometimes problems occur a while after a crash. I couldn't send her the flight logs because another DJI employee told me to completely wipe the drone using Assistant and to not try to retrieve anything other than what was captured on the SD card.

So now I guess I have to send it in to get looked at, I have DJI Care, but here's the thing: The camera will randomly work good and then become bad the next day. Sometimes when I boot up, after 5 minutes it will fix itself and I have no problems. But usually, when I boot up the drone I get "Gimbal Overload" and "gimbal shake" errors.

I will be sending it in for repair shortly, but until I do that, is there anything I can try to do to fix it? Like maybe someone knows a way to temporarily get it to not freak out? Cause' like I said, some of the time it can work flawlessly, and other times not so much.

I know it sounds stupid and people will say "just send it in" but I really need to capture something tomorrow before I send it in, and I need it to behave just this once.

Thanks

UPDATE: I downgraded the firmware and re updated it, and something has happened. After the update, the problem still occurred and so I checked that the Gimbal Stabilizer hook things were in place, which they were. So i lightly pulled the gimabl out from it's gimbal clamps, and then put them back in, and sure enough it worked. When I reboot my drone the problem comes back unless I use this method, and i'll still send it to DJI but at least i've found a temporary way to get it going.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoKhool
My Mavic was hit with a soccer by my brother "accidentally" a few months ago. No damage occurred at the time. However, recently (about 2 weeks ago) I noticed that the camera upon startup would flick up and down and up and down and then turn COMPLETELY to the left, like looking at the inside of itself. (hard to explain) It also gets INCREDIBLY hot within seconds, so much so that I touched it stupidly and burnt myself. I contacted DJI and they said to retrieve the flight logs and send them to them, I also was told that sometimes problems occur a while after a crash. I couldn't send her the flight logs because another DJI employee told me to completely wipe the drone using Assistant and to not try to retrieve anything other than what was captured on the SD card.

So now I guess I have to send it in to get looked at, I have DJI Care, but here's the thing: The camera will randomly work good and then become bad the next day. Sometimes when I boot up, after 5 minutes it will fix itself and I have no problems. But usually, when I boot up the drone I get "Gimbal Overload" and "gimbal shake" errors.

I will be sending it in for repair shortly, but until I do that, is there anything I can try to do to fix it? Like maybe someone knows a way to temporarily get it to not freak out? Cause' like I said, some of the time it can work flawlessly, and other times not so much.

I know it sounds stupid and people will say "just send it in" but I really need to capture something tomorrow before I send it in, and I need it to behave just this once.

Thanks

This may be really bad advice, and may further damage the gimbal, but try a gimbal calibration. It should reset itself and work afterwards. It might fix your problem, but it may also make it worse. So you have to take a gamble here.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This may be really bad advice, and may further damage the gimbal, but try a gimbal calibration. It should reset itself and work afterwards. It might fix your problem, but it may also make it worse. So you have to take a gamble here.

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention, I did multiple gimbal calibrations, IMU calibrations, resets, compass calibrations etc... Because the DJI employee told me to do all that so none of that worked, but thanks for the suggestion

Fooling with the gimbal by removing it from its mount or forcefully moving it is not advised. It is a delicate instrument. Send it in for repair!

Fooling with the gimbal by removing it from its mount or forcefully moving it is not advised. It is a delicate instrument. Send it in for repair!

Though you could gently move it in every possible direction to check for obstructions. Maybe it's something minor like a piece of dirt.

I know that, and I will send it in for repair. I didn't violently force it or anything, I just moved it a little and moved it back. A DJI video says that sometimes the gimbal may become loose, and if it does, to push the clip things back in. I just gently unclipped them, then re clipped them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121