DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mini 2 decided it was a SpaceX rocket!

1890 ft and all of a sudden I'm reading 1870, 1845, 1810, 1770....... I had the cam pointing straight down and it was right overhead. I never drifted the whole time. Finally got it down to the ground, did a few zig zags and verified I had complete control again, like nothing ever happened.
So your Mini-2 just blew through the 1640 max height limitation?

Airdata can access data for any flights that you've synched to DJI.
Hmmm - I'll have to look that one up.
Litchi has a place to put your Airdata key so it can upload.
Never found that anywhere in Dji apps.

Hmmm - I'll have to look that one up.
Litchi has a place to put your Airdata key so it can upload.
Never found that anywhere in Dji apps.
It the other way around for the DJI apps. You have to give Airdata your DJI login account login information to allow it to sync flights.

So your Mini-2 just blew through the 1640 max height limitation?
It went past the limit, based on the numbers showing in the app.
But as the barometric sensor was giving false data we can't what height the drone actually got to.
It may have been higher or lower than what was indicated.

I just returned from the park to get in a few practice runs since I haven't flown for a few weeks.

I did a pre-flight exam, took off, and let it hover while I went through the usual checks. WInd was at 10 mph and since I was going no higher than about 20 ft to practice some maneuvers, I was not too concerned. If I was doing a mission, I would have scrubbed it for the day.

So I ran it up to 27ft and hovered while I got lined up to do a manual circle. All of a sudden it shot straight up like a rocket. I had zero stick control and RTH did nothing. I tried all the tricks, switching modes, cancel button, RTH. My mini had only 1 mode, straight up at full power.
By now it was crossing the 1000 ft altitude and I started getting warnings. Motors are at max rpm. Motors are overloaded. Land immediately. At 1500 ft I closed the DJI app and re opened it. It did connect and now my height is 1850 ft. "I am in violation of FAA rules. Land immediately." DUH

1890 ft and all of a sudden I'm reading 1870, 1845, 1810, 1770....... I had the cam pointing straight down and it was right overhead. I never drifted the whole time. Finally got it down to the ground, did a few zig zags and verified I had complete control again, like nothing ever happened.

I came home and did a IMU calibration and called it a day.

Thoughts anyone??
I think that Elon Musk may want to contact you for advice on how to reduce costs to reach space...

Humor... HUMOR! (I'm glad your drone made it back to the ground in 1 piece!)

Attachments

• We Are Laughing.gif
    We Are Laughing.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member