DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mini landed on a dirt road...

stefan25

Reactions
So 2 days ago i flew my Mini and i landed it on a dirt road, a lot of dust rised and when i looked at the bottom heatsink and gimball it was full of dirt as well as the arms joints. What to do now? How to clean it? Is it going to affect how the Mini performs? Thanks in advance for help!

Try to blow the air from battery port to the camera side and left-right at the aircraft. The inside should be cleaned.

I would use a vacuum attachment first before blowing the dirt off then wipe down the exterior. I would think you would want to minimize the amount of dirt to lessen the chance of embedding it deeper with a blower.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
So 2 days ago i flew my Mini and i landed it on a dirt road, a lot of dust rised and when i looked at the bottom heatsink and gimball it was full of dirt as well as the arms joints. What to do now? How to clean it? Is it going to affect how the Mini performs? Thanks in advance for help!

If the mud is damp then let it dry a couple of days in a warm environment.
Then take a brush (a make-up brush from your wife/girlfriend will do) and dust your machine.
The final touch would be the spray dusters we use for cleaning computers.

Yeah, that or just use your compressor..
Before using your compressor, be certain it is a waterless compressor. Most compressors of any size have a means of draining condensation that build up. Try spraying your bench top with nozzle very close to the bench top. If you see small water droplets, I wouldn't use it to blow out the drone motors.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580