DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My New Mavic 2 Pro

SnowSkier

Reactions
Finally I have my Mavic 2 Pro.:):cool:
I have not tried it yet because the weather has been rainy and windy. If testing indoors, how high does the drone lift? Is it automatic or can we set an altitude? I know that indoors will hover and drift a little because of GPS signal but just wanted to be sure ...

Just don't fly indoors, at least until you get some prop guards.

But to answer your questions, auto takeoff will rise a few feet and hover. Expect it to drift a bit if it cannot get a good fix on a unique feature on the floor. Stay away from the ceiling or it will suck itself to it. Have it facing away from you so the Mavic movements match your stick inputs.

Or better yet, wait for good weather and fly outdoors.

Reactions: charliesRig
I have prop guards for all of my drones and have flown all of the indoors. The only one that acted a little wonky was the original Mavic Pro, it drifted around a little bit. The majority of my indoors flights have been with the Mavic Air, it flies indoors perfectly.

I have prop guards for all of my drones and have flown all of the indoors. The only one that acted a little wonky was the original Mavic Pro, it drifted around a little bit. The majority of my indoors flights have been with the Mavic Air, it flies indoors perfectly.
Agreed. I also have prop guards for my MP and have flown indoors without problems but I absolutely would not try it without prop guards.

I have not tried it yet because the weather has been rainy and windy. If testing indoors, how high does the drone lift? Is it automatic or can we set an altitude? I know that indoors will hover and drift a little because of GPS signal but just wanted to be sure ...

Noooooooo, don’t fly indoors. Unless you really really really are skilled and know what you and more importantly, your drone, is doing, or about to do. Unless of course you live in something the size of Carnegie Hall.

Noooooooo, don’t fly indoors. Unless you really really really are skilled and know what you and more importantly, your drone, is doing, or about to do. Unless of course you live in something the size of Carnegie Hall.
I disagree! Put prop guards on it and go for it. I've been flying indoors since I got my first drone. This time of year, I probably fly indoors more than out, I hate winter.

Agreed. I also have prop guards for my MP and have flown indoors without problems but I absolutely would not try it without prop guards.
Yes, prop guards are most definitely required! I tried buzzing around the living room once without them and even got a serious case of the stupids and put it in sport mode. And that was the cause of the 'Great lamp debacle of 2016' - it wasn't pretty........

Well we have a difference of opinion for a new pilot from people here.
Common sense and good advice would normally go along the lines of...Watch plenty of you tube vids, read the manual and then find a nice large open space in which to practice your first flights and use ‘beginner mode’ for your first attempts until you get to know what the controls do and how the aircraft reacts to various inputs and settings. For a new pilot, space and height are your best friend, unless you have deep pockets and an understanding wife.

Reactions: Starz
Well guys, thank you all for your advice and opinion.
I think I will try it in the weekend outside. At least, I hope the weather will become fine to do so.
You can imagine someone with a brand new MP2 a week ago and not be able to fly due to weather conditions!! It's killing me!! LOL

Reactions: NetDep
Well guys, thank you all for your advice and opinion.
I think I will try it in the weekend outside. At least, I hope the weather will become fine to do so.
You can imagine someone with a brand new MP2 a week ago and not be able to fly due to weather conditions!! It's killing me!! LOL

It’s killing me as well here in the U.K. It seems that when I’m at work it’s great for flying, as soon as it’s my days off...the weather gods decide to have a laugh.

Just make sure that it's in beginner mode. I have the mp2 and I have flown in doors with no problems at all. In beginner mode all sensors are active. And it's very stable

It’s killing me as well here in the U.K. It seems that when I’m at work it’s great for flying, as soon as it’s my days off...the weather gods decide to have a laugh.

This is exactly why I’ve started to fly in the dark. Wouldn’t only get an hour between now and spring if I tried to get up in daylight.

Just make sure you know the flying site well and I’ve been flying at the max 120m to avoid trees, power lines etc.

I’ve found I can see the MP2 really well with just it’s inbuilt leds - at least to 700m. Much better than in the day.

Not had the MA up after lights out yet though but will be trying it as soon as I can.

This is exactly why I’ve started to fly in the dark. Wouldn’t only get an hour between now and spring if I tried to get up in daylight.

Just make sure you know the flying site well and I’ve been flying at the max 120m to avoid trees, power lines etc.

I’ve found I can see the MP2 really well with just it’s inbuilt leds - at least to 700m. Much better than in the day.

Not had the MA up after lights out yet though but will be trying it as soon as I can.

I bought a pair of strobes for mine, they are really good, however I have now bought from pgytech, a set of extended landing legs which have Cree torches attached. They fit perfectly, look like a part of the Mavic, have 3 modes, bright, ‘oh crap my retinas have burnt out’ and flashing. IMG_8979.JPGIMG_8981.JPGIMG_8980.JPGIMG_8977.JPG

I bought a pair of strobes for mine, they are really good, however I have now bought from pgytech, a set of extended landing legs which have Cree torches attached. They fit perfectly, look like a part of the Mavic, have 3 modes, bright, ‘oh crap my retinas have burnt out’ and flashing. View attachment 54539View attachment 54540View attachment 54541View attachment 54542

They look neat. I was thinking about something like this but now I know how well I can see it with just the stock led’s I’m not so sure.

Main reason being I wouldn’t want them interfering with the camera. Have you tested long exposure images etc yet and do they impact them at all?

They look neat. I was thinking about something like this but now I know how well I can see it with just the stock led’s I’m not so sure.

Main reason being I wouldn’t want them interfering with the camera. Have you tested long exposure images etc yet and do they impact them at all?

The strobon strobes affected the photos and videos, very badly because they were mounted on the front legs. I have now mounted one on the underbelly so I can see it but no longer affects the photography.
The pgytech lamps haven’t affected anything because they are fitted to the rear legs and are adjustable so I can point them down, or up out of the way and have 3 modes, (Dim, super bright or flashing).
The leds are fairly conspicuous in the night sky, but these lights are on a different level. IMG_8914.JPG
It’s a bad photo, just snapped on my iPhone but the moon is on the left, at 250,000 miles away, the Mavic is on the right at 500 feet distance and 250 feet up.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1