DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air 2 fly more combo arrived! Any owner/user tips?

AnDronioBanderos

Reactions
Hi All

Not the most exciting topic but it's exciting for me! Received my new Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo last night. Wow! Its so cool ?

Have to fit propellers, charge batteries and stuff yet today.

Any tips on things I should do before first flight? Stuff that's not explained well in the manual maybe?

Like I read that I should charge the batteries without the hub for first charge? Guess this has mixed opinions?

Is there anything else I should do that you owners have discovered that DJI hasn't explained well?

Any APPS you find cool to use with the MA2?

Any essential accessories other than ND filters? I want to buy those :)

Be gentle, I'm a new pilot so just being very careful :) going to get care refresh activated today as a precaution.

Thanks! :D

Not sure if I'll update to latest DJI FLY app until I read feedback as I want to try FFC mode if possible and will wait for opinions.

Wish Litchi beta supported it! Hopefully soon!

Thanks for the advice :D

QpwJ3Om.jpg

Last edited:
read the instructions do all the firmware updates and app updates read instructions charge all batterys one at a time read instructions get it regestered fly in a big open area read instructions that should do it did i mention read instructions and make sure the props are on the right motor and read instructions.
good luck.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
what tablet are you going to use with it?
i have the apple mini 5 and it works great.

read the instructions do all the firmware updates and app updates read instructions charge all batterys one at a time read instructions get it regestered fly in a big open area read instructions that should do it did i mention read instructions and make sure the props are on the right motor and read instructions.
good luck.

Doesn’t require reg under 250g

I don't think there are any mixed opinions on charging the batteries individually for the first time. There is plenty of evidence that this is a smart practice. I wouldn't worry too much about ND filters yet. The combo comes with three. I'd play around with those (at least the 16 and 64) before ordering any more. You've got a lot to learn before ND filters become any kind of an issue for you. The app I use the most with the MA2 is Kittyhawk to check conditions and any flight restrictions. You can also get clearance for flying in restricted areas right through that app. Get to know your machine in a safe area before getting to aggressive with flying. It's easy to fly, but you still have to be aware of where it is and what's around it.

good luck.

thanks very much for your help, I am reading them now :)

I'm definitely reading the instructions and not taking any chances that I miss anything but I guess I was just checking if you guys had picked up any extra tips from a user point of view, that were in the instructions and that would be good to share experience on.

Thanks for the good luck wishes too :) I'll be taking it very slow and careful

I don't think there are any mixed opinions on charging the batteries individually for the first time. There is plenty of evidence that this is a smart practice. I wouldn't worry too much about ND filters yet. The combo comes with three. I'd play around with those (at least the 16 and 64) before ordering any more. You've got a lot to learn before ND filters become any kind of an issue for you. The app I use the most with the MA2 is Kittyhawk to check conditions and any flight restrictions. You can also get clearance for flying in restricted areas right through that app. Get to know your machine in a safe area before getting to aggressive with flying. It's easy to fly, but you still have to be aware of where it is and what's around it.

Thanks Klye76, really appreciate it :)

Im doing the batteries one by one but just wanted to make sure as I read post saying just to use the hub but I erred on the side of caution and just charged one for now.

Going to download Kittyhawk and hopefully get out into some open fields at the weekend and learn to fly slowly. The included ND filters are probably too dark for the conditions here at the moment but Im not going to rush and get new ones. Althougth an ND4 and ND8 would probably be all I need here. The ND256 looks almost blackout.

Thanks to all for the tips. Cant wait to get out and try it. Thanksfully, lots of open countryside nearby so I should be able to practice in safety and just get used to the basics. :)

what tablet are you going to use with it?
i have the apple mini 5 and it works great.

Im only going to use a Samsung Galaxy 9+ and iPhone 8 for the moment as my Samsung tablet isnt compatible with DJI Fly so I might check out the mini 5 and pick one up once fund recover :) Thank you for the recommendation too!

Last edited:
Any APPS you find cool to use with the MA2?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AnDronioBanderos.

Here are the apps I check before each flight.

No since grabbing the gear unless the flight conditions are good.

AIRMAP. Shows airspace restrictions in the area. Any TFR's, NFZ's, or other notices may pop up daily. You need to check local ordinances pertaining to drone flights (parks, etc).

UAV FORECAST. This app will tell you about flight conditions such as wind speed, satellite count, etc.
It has parameters that you can change in the app to your liking.

WINDY.COM. This one has a nice graphic of flowing arrows overlaid on a map so you can see the wind patterns.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Haven't seen this mentioned specifically, so my top 2 web/app recommendations are:
1) Know the rules and register your drone--assume you are a recreational flyer (Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations)
2) Create an account (it's free) and use the Airdata service (Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones)

At least for me, reviewing/analyzing the data post-flight is almost as fun as the flight itself! Happy trails...

Thanks StantonZ!

Yep, Im a recreational flyer :) Well I will be soon.

Thanks for those app links. Just registered for airdata :D

Thank you MA2! :)

Im definitely not going to put my drone in harms way and god knows there is a lot of wind where I live :)

Going to install those apps and check them out over the next few days

I personally prefer video resources. Easier to learn from demonstration. Here's a few handy YouTube channels/videos.

Cheers Heindrich1988!

Will give those a good look after dinner. I spent so much time on Youtube watching reviews on the MA2 that I think I started dreaming about youtube and not the drone at one point :D

Configure your setting in the DJI Fly app before leaving the house and then fine tune them in an open area without obstacles so you are not distracted. Take it slow and get a feel for the drone before doing anything too exciting.

Configure your setting in the DJI Fly app before leaving the house and then fine tune them in an open area without obstacles so you are not distracted. Take it slow and get a feel for the drone before doing anything too exciting.
Thanks very much @JohnLietzke :)

Im going to be super careful with this drone. Going to get it ready for a flight this weekend if the weather cooperates :)

This might have already bin advised above so apologies if it has:
First charge on the batteries must be done individually not on the hub
all together, this was recommended to me by DJI and experienced
pilots on here. ????

This might have already bin advised above so apologies if it has:
First charge on the batteries must be done individually not on the hub
all together, this was recommended to me by DJI and experienced
pilots on here. ????
Cheers Gary!

Charged them all individually today on the single charge lead and if its not too windy tomorrow, I'll be taking it out for its maiden flight :D

Hopefully it will go well.

Your Welcome,
Enjoy your maiden flight, you're have lots of fun with the MA2 it's a great drone.
Got mine back in July and enjoying every minute of it, although not so
much at the moment as we are back in LOCKDOWN ? again.

Your Welcome,
Enjoy your maiden flight, you're have lots of fun with the MA2 it's a great drone.
Got mine back in July and enjoying every minute of it, although not so
much at the moment as we are back in LOCKDOWN ? again.
Cheers Gary,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your MA2 also!

I had bought the mini 1 but just changed my mind and went for the Air 2 as it had more camera features I wanted and other things.

Lockdown is dreadful. We are the same mate, in lock down for weeks now but I'm lucky I live in a rural area so I will be able to get out to fly today, hopefully!

Hope you are all staying safe anyway. Strange times :eek:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78