DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air 2 fly more combo arrived! Any owner/user tips?

Hi All

Not the most exciting topic but it's exciting for me! Received my new Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo last night. Wow! Its so cool ?

Have to fit propellers, charge batteries and stuff yet today.

Any tips on things I should do before first flight? Stuff that's not explained well in the manual maybe?

Like I read that I should charge the batteries without the hub for first charge? Guess this has mixed opinions?

Is there anything else I should do that you owners have discovered that DJI hasn't explained well?

Any APPS you find cool to use with the MA2?

Any essential accessories other than ND filters? I want to buy those :)

Be gentle, I'm a new pilot so just being very careful :) going to get care refresh activated today as a precaution.

Thanks! :D

Not sure if I'll update to latest DJI FLY app until I read feedback as I want to try FFC mode if possible and will wait for opinions.

Wish Litchi beta supported it! Hopefully soon!

Thanks for the advice :D

QpwJ3Om.jpg
Best advice I could give you is to start slow.
Take your time and totally setup your drone, controller and Go Fly app. You don't want it running away or crashing your first time out.
Watch a few YouTube videos on settings and getting started (I'm sure you probably already have, just saying).
Have a preflight check list that you use every time you go out to fly.
Start small, fly in a totally open area, and go through the basics, get used to your controller and what your drone can do. Fly within a couple of hundred feet.
Have fun, and enjoy your incredible drone.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Maiden voyage with mine today, did all of the recommendations above, couldn't wait for my tablet to arrive so I set it up with my Samsung Galaxy S9.....let me say this, I was incredibly surprised how bright the screen was, even in a bright sunny day today here in New England.
DJI_0012.JPGDJI_0006 (2).JPG

Best advice I could give you is to start slow.
Take your time and totally setup your drone, controller and Go Fly app. You don't want it running away or crashing your first time out.
Watch a few YouTube videos on settings and getting started (I'm sure you probably already have, just saying).
Have a preflight check list that you use every time you go out to fly.
Start small, fly in a totally open area, and go through the basics, get used to your controller and what your drone can do. Fly within a couple of hundred feet.
Have fun, and enjoy your incredible drone.

Thanks Tomcat16

I took it out yesterday into a local farm field with plenty space and had super fun with the MA2 :D

What a fantastic drone! Even though it was a tad windy on the uav app, I kept it below the tree line and it handled the wind so easily. I was glad I changed the mini mavic for the air 2.

So cool watching it adjust for the draughts while hovering. So stable in the air. Really enjoyed it and just took time to do basic manoeuvres and practicing tracking the perimeter of the field and extremely basic exercises.

All I can say is WOW! ? Such an amazing piece of kit!

Maiden voyage with mine today, did all of the recommendations above, couldn't wait for my tablet to arrive so I set it up with my Samsung Galaxy S9.....let me say this, I was incredibly surprised how bright the screen was, even in a bright sunny day today here in New England.

Hi HD05FLSTCI
Glad you are enjoying yours too! :) I was using an S9+ and it worked good but I will maybe invest in an ipad later.

You got some fantastic pictures.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with your MA2! I'm delighted with my choice on this drone too :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes