DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air camera won't ZOOM

I have a Mini 2 and I use the finger wheel on the left to zoom in and out. No matter what I do, the Mavic Air 2 camera will NOT zoom in or out. It is a static image.
Can someone help? I recalibrated everything out of the box. I tried to set the Fn button to zoom but there was no zoom option in the menu. Super frustrating.
Mavic Air2 for the Zoom feature you need to be in 4K Zoom Mode not Wide and 30FPS will get you up to 2X zoom. If you are in 4K Wide then it will not zoom. If you use 1080P this will get you 4X zoom . Hope that Helps. Also need your firm ware to be on .310 for the air craft 01.01.610 is current.

Mavic Air2 for the Zoom feature you need to be in 4K Zoom Mode and 30FPS will get you the up to 4X zoom. If you are in 4K Wide then it will not zoom. Less than 30FPS will only get you 2X zoom.

Also make sure you are on Aircraft Firmware 01.01.610 which is out now.
Thanks. The video zoom was never the problem. I was looking for still photo zoom. That does not exist on the Mavic Air 2. However the DJI Air 2s has it.

Reactions: Thomas B
Mavic Air2 for the Zoom feature you need to be in 4K Zoom Mode and 30FPS will get you the up to 4X zoom. If you are in 4K Wide then it will not zoom. Less than 30FPS will only get you 2X zoom.

Also make sure you are on Aircraft Firmware 01.01.610 which is out now.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE, IF THIS HAS NOT BEEN MENTIONED: ZOOM DOES NOT WORK IN D-LOG and HLG VIDEO MODES. ZOOM WILL ONLY WORK IN NORMAL VIDEO MODE. Try it and see. Your zoom Icon will dissapear in DLOG and HLG video formats. At least it does on mine. Even the Fn key and wheel won't zoom if in D-log or HLG Video modes.

The Air 2 only has zoom capabilities in video mode. The Mini 2 has zoom capabilities in photo and video modes.
Thanks. I had the same issue. I have a mini 2 that I can zoom a bit but just got the air 2 and can’t zoom in photo mode. I just thought something was wrong but I’m glad it’s supposed to be that way. Take care.

Reactions: WobblingWillie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mdecker72